Gaya Sradha Timings, Cost, Online Booking, Procedure
Best Time: 18 Days Pitri Paksha Mela or Amavasya with Krishna Paksha. It usually falls on Sep/Oct months.
Pinda Dan will be performed daily.
Men should wear Traditional wear which Dhoti, Uttario
Women: Salwar or Saree
Pooja Duration: 2 – 3 hours depending on the crowd.
The worshipper must perform Sradha Vidhi at 3 places which are River Phalgu, Vishnupad Temple, River Akshayvat.
Ticket Cost: Sradha is not defined. It is up to the devotee to offer. Usually, devotees Priest demands little high amount.
Gaya Sradha Procedure
- The worshipper must offer first Sradha at River Phalgu.
- For this, the devotee must get some water from the river to perform the ritual.
- Worshipper has to prepare Pindas and chant Mantras as instructed by the priest.
- After offering at this place, one must visit Vishnupad temple for Darshan and Offering.
- Second Pinda has to be offered inside Vishnu temple.
- Payment is independent at all these places.
- Third Pinda has to be offered on the banks of River Akshayvat which is 15 mins drive from the temple.
- The worshipper must fast till he completes the Pooja.
- The whole process takes around 6 hours.
- There are other places where the devotee can offer the Pindas Punpun river, Ramkund, Sitakund, Ramsila, Prethsila, Nagkund, Pandu Sila, Brahm Mangalpuri, Kagbali.
Gaya Sradha Dan Benefits
- Offering at this place will credit ancestors to attain Salvation.
- The devotee will be relieved from the Pitru Dosha.
How to reach Gaya Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Gaya which is well connected with Delhi and other major cities.
- The nearest railway station is at Gaya. The direct trains available from all parts of the country.
- Patna station is 102 km from Gaya.
- The direct bus is available from Patna to Gaya at regular intervals.
Reference Link: Gaya