Gaya Pinda Dan Timings, Cost, Online Booking. Pooja Dates
Best Time: 18 Days Pitri Paksha Mela or 7 days, 5 days, 3 days or 1 day Amavasya with Krishna Paksha.
The auspicious day is during Pitri Paksha Mela (Falls in the month of Sep/Oct).
Pinda Dan will be performed daily.
Pooja Location: 360 Pooja locations available for Pinda Dan. Among these holy places are the Vishnupad temple, Akshayvat, Phalgu and Punpun river, Ramkund, Sitakund, Brahm Mangalpuri, Kagbali.
Pinda usually prepared with Wheat and Oat flour mixed with dried milk.
Men should wear Dhoti, Uttario
Women: Salwar or Saree
Pooja Duration: 2 hours 45 mins for 3 offerings at River Phalgu, Vishnupad Temple, River Akshayvat.
It is mandatory to offer Pindas at these three places.
Ticket Cost: It is up to the devotee. Usually, priests demand a higher amount during the ritual.
Gaya Pinda Dan Procedure
- This ritual will be performed on the banks of the River Phalgu.
- The person must grab some water from the river for this process.
- Preparing Pindas and chant Mantras as advised by the priest.
- After Pinda Dan, one must visit Vishnupad temple to offer prayers.
- Second Pinda offering will be inside Vishnu temple.
- Third Pinda offering will be at River Akshayvat which is 15 mins from the temple.
- One must fast till they complete this ritual.
- It usually takes 6 hours in total to complete the whole process. It counts from leaving the hotel room and reaching the hotel.
- Other important places where Pindas can be offered Punpun river, Ramkund, Sitakund, Ramsila, Prethsila, Nagkund, Pandu Sila, Mangalagori, Brahm Mangalpuri, Kagbali.
Gaya Pinda Dan Benefits
- An offering will credit ancestors and attains Moksha
- Will be relieved from Dosha acquired on not performing rituals in time.
How to reach Gaya Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Gaya which is well connected with Delhi and other major cities.
- The nearest railway station is at Gaya. The direct trains are available from all parts of the country.
- Patna station is 102 km from Gaya.
- The direct bus is available from Patna to Gaya at regular intervals.
Reference Link: Gaya