Triyugi Narayan Temple History, Timings, Route info
Darshan Dress Code: Any decent outfit
Darshan Duration: 15 to 20 mins during weekdays.
Triyugi Narayan Temple History
This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu. It is said that Lord Vishnu’s Avatar Vamana took birth here. This the place where Lord Vishnu witnessed Lord Siva and Goddess Parvati marriage. The fire which was lit during the Siva Parvati’s Marriage is still aflame and is called by Akhanda Dhuni.
As per the Legend, Sati Devi angered with Daksha Prajapati’s comments before the guests, immolated herself in the Yoga Agni. Sati Devi took birth as Parvati Devi for the King Himavan and Queen Mena. Sage Narada visited the Himavan Kingdom and blessed Pravati. Right from the birth, Parvati was an ardent devotee of Lord Siva. To rejoin Lord Siva she did penance Lord Siva for about 70,000 years. Impressed Lord Siva, sent Saptha Rishis to Himavan with the marriage proposal. Himavan duly accepted the proposal and made the arrangements for the celestial marriage.
All Devas Ganas and Siva Ganas participated in the marriage. Lord Brahma performed the marriage rituals and Lord Vishnu witnessed the celestial marriage. The Holy fire which was lit during the marriage ceremony is still burning.
Triyugi Narayan Temple Timings
- Morning Hours: 4:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Afternoon Hours: 1:00 pm to 7:00 pm
Best Time to visit: May to Oct.
This is the place where King Himavan performed pre-marriage rituals of his daughter Parvati Devi.
Triyugi Narayan Temple Kund
- Yagna Kund is located on the Northern part of the temple
- Brahma Kund is near to Yagna Kund. It is believed that taking a holy dip in this Theerth will the devotee from all Brahma Hatya Dosha.
- Rudra Kund is on the western part of the temple. Taking a holy dip in this Theerth will relieve the devotee from Skin diseases.
- Vishnu Kund is near Rudra Kund. Water in this Teerth will be boiling. It is said that Sprinkling Theerth water on your head will bless with good fortune
- Narada Kunda is located next to Vishnu Kund. This is the place where offerings can be made to ancestors. It is believed that offerings at this Theerth help ancestors to attain Punya Loka.
- Saraswati Kund is located next to Vishnu Kund. Offerings to ancestors can be performed here.
How to reach Tiryugi Narayan Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Jolly Grant which is 234 Km away.
- Taxi can be hired from Gupt Kashi which is 38 Km away.
- Temple is 8 Km from Sonprayag.
- The nearest Railway station is at Rishikesh which is 216 Km away.