Hanuman Garhi Ayodhya
Hanuman Garhi Ayodhya History, Timings, Darshan, Route info
It is believed that Hanuman used to live here and protecting Ayodhya. One must take 76 steps to reach temple located on top. The main temple complex houses Idols of Anjana Devi with Bal Hanuman on her Lap. This temple was built in 10th Century. It is said that worshipping the deity will be blessed with Good health and wealth.
Thousands of devotees reach temple on Hanuman Jayanthi, Sri Ram Navami and other major festivals. The devotees used to take a holy dip in the Sarayu River followed by Hanuman Ji Darshan. Aarti is offered to the deity. One can notice Bhajan groups in the temple complex chanting and singing.
Best Time to Visit: Nov-Jun.
Darshan Ticket Cost: Free Entry
Dress Code: Any decent outfit is allowed.
Photography is allowed inside and outside the temple complex.
Hanuman Garhi Ayodhya Timings:
Morning Hours: 4:00 am – 1:00 pm
Evening Hours: 3:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Temple timings might change on festival days.
How to reach Hanuman Garhi Ayodhya?
- The nearest airport is at Faizabad which is 8 Km away.
- Lucknow airport is 150 Km from the temple.
- The nearest railway station is at Faizabad which is 8 km away.
- Faizabad is well connected with major cities across the country.
- The direct bus is available from Lucknow, Agra and other major cities to Ayodhya.
- Temple is at a walkable distance from Bus and Railway station.
Reference Link: details