Chandra Grahan Dosh Puja
Chandra Grahan Dosh Puja, Timings, Beeja Mantra, Gayatri Mantra and Pooja Cost
Chandra Pooja Preparation
- Recite Chandra Gayatri Mantra for 108 times daily in the morning hours. ie before having breakfast.
- Use any Japa Mala to recite Gayatri Mantra. Japa Mala should have 108 beads so that count will be perfect.
- Recite this Manta on Mondays in any Temple nearby i.e between 6 am – 7 am or 8 pm – 9 pm
- Perform Pradakshinam for 10 times which is required for 10 weeks
- Perform Archana on 10th-week for Chandra followed by Archana for Lord Siva.
- Clean New Agal with Turmeric. Lit lamp with Cow ghee and Offer Paddy in the temple.
- Wear Clothes which is in White colour while performing this Pooja.
Post Pooja at Chandra Temples
- Visit Tirumala Sri Venkateswara Swamy after Chandra Pooja at any of these temples listed below.
Chandra Gayatri Mantra
om padmadhwajaaya vidmahae
hema rupaaya dheemahi
tanno soma: prachodayaat
Chandra Beeja Mantra
Om Shraam Shreem Shraum Sah Chandraay Namah
Chandra Pooja Temples
- Thingalur Chandran Temple near Kumbakonam, Tamil Nadu
- Somamangalam Somanatheeswarar Temple
- Pirainudhal Ambal Thirunageswaram Temple
- Surya Temple, Konark, Orissa
Chandra Pooja Benefits
- For peaceful mind
- For Success in all aspects
- For good memory power
- To get out of Mental depression and Tensions
- For good decision-making
Reference Link: Pooja