Bhasma Aarti Timings, Mahakaleshwar Ujjain, Booking
Jalabhishek Timings: 3:15 am – 4:00 am.
Bhasma Aarti will be performed daily from 4:00 am – 6:00 am.
Aarti will not be performed on the 2nd day of Maha Sivaratri.
Jalabhishek Dress Code:
Men to wear Dhoti or Sola
Women to wear Saree
No dress code restriction for the devotees who just watching.
Ticket cost: Rs.100
This ritual will only be performed at this Jyotirlinga.
Bhasma Aarti Booking procedure at the counter
- Devotees who wish to participate have to enrol a day in advance i.e before 12:30 pm.
- The list will be declared at 7:00 pm on the same day. SMS will be delivered to the applicant.
- Devotees are requested to collect tickets from the counter anytime between 7:30 pm – 10:30 pm.
- Ticket allotment is based on First Cum First Serve basis.
- Devotees who enters Garbha Griha can perform Abhishek with Water only. Milk is not allowed.
- Devotees are requested to carry Photo ID proof at the time of reporting.
- It is only 5 mins for all the devotees after Abhishek devotee has to leave the Sanctum Sanctorum.
- It is advisable to carry ticket printout rather than displaying SMS at the entrance.
Bhasma Aarti Online Booking procedure
- Ticket can be booked 30 days in advance.
- One can book 4 tickets in one transaction by uploading Photo and ID proof. This is to avoid duplicates.
- While applying in online, one must mention the devotee relationship.
Bhasma Aarti Procedure
- The devotee is required to carry booking receipt printout along with Photo ID proof at the time of reporting.
- Devotee required to carry empty glass which can be steel or copper. No restriction on the glass. Water is available near Garbha Griha
- .Devotees who wish to perform Jalabhishek should stand in queue line by 1:00 am.
- Devotees are allowed to perform Jalabhishek between 3:15 am – 4:00 am
- Men should remove Vest before entering Garbha Griha. Women have to be in saree and dress code applies for the children as well.
- After Jalabhishek, the devotee has to come out of Garbha Griha and occupies a place in Nandi Hall to watch Bhasma Aarti.
- Bhasma Aarti will be performed with the ashes made out of Cow Dung.
- Devotees are allowed to sit in Nandi Mandapam which accommodates 100 devotees.
- Remaining are allowed to sit behind Nandi Hall which accommodates 500+ devotees.
- Devotees are not allowed to enter Garbha Griha during this Aarti time.
- This Bhasma will be carried by the Naga Sadhu. Aarti will be performed amid chanting of Mantras.
Accommodation Online Booking: Tripnetra
Reference Link: History