Basara Temple Aksharabhyasam Timings, Online booking and Pooja procedure
Should be 2.6 years and above to perform this event.
Preferable Dress Code:
Men Should Wear White Dhoti, Upper Cloth or shirt.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree
Basara Temple Aksharabhyasam Timings
|Day||Pooja Timings||Ticket Details||Ticket Cost|
|7:30 am – 12:00 pm||Akshara Sreekaram||Rs.100 per child|
|2:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Akshara Sreekaram||Rs.100 per child|
|7:30 am – 12:00 pm||Special Akshara |
|Rs.1000 per child|
|2:00 pm – 6:00 pm||Special Akshara |
|Rs.1000 per child|
- Aksharabhyasam will be performed daily at this temple.
- Ticket can be purchased on arrival at the ticket counter. Online booking is not available.
- Only Mother and Father allowed for the event.
- Entry to Mantap Rs.100 per person
- Rs.100 will be charged for each person (other than parents)
Aksharabhyasam Pooja Materials
Garlands – 2 No.’s
Lotus for the Goddess and Garlands
This event runs for 30-40 mins. Later Purohit will place the child on his lap and starts writing letters by holding child’s hand. It is believed that child will have bright future in studies. The whole event will be performed in a Mantap with Goddes Saraswati Idol in the middle. Entry is only Baby’s Father,Mother and Siblings.
Best days for Aksharabhyasam
- During Moola Nakshatra timings during Navaratri Festival days. ie Last day of Dasara.
- Akshaya Tritiya
- Vasantha Panchami
- Ekadasi days
- Panchami days
- Vyasa Pournami (Guru Pournami) day
- Karthika Pournami
- Other auspicious days based on Boy/Girl’s Birth Nakshatra. For this, please check with the astrologer.
Auspicious Date and Timings for Basara Aksharabhyasam
|Apr 2020||3Apr*||8:01 am|
|–||5Apr||7:53 am, 9:22 am|
|May 2020||6May||7:20 am|
|Sep 2020||19Sep||10:38 am|
|Oct 2020||22Sep||11:39 am|
|Nov 2020||16Nov||10:00 am|
|Dec 2020||24Dec||11:22 am|
|Jan 2021||3Jan||10:32 am|
How to reach Basara Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Hyderabad which is 259 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Basara which is 2 km from the temple and at Nizamabad which is 30 km away.
- The direct bus is available from MGBS Hyderabad.