Basara Temple Aksharabhyasam Timings, Cost and Pooja Dates
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Pooja Duration: 30 to 45 mins
Aksharabhyasam Age: 2 years 6 months and above.
Basara Aksharabhyasam procedure
- The priest will be running thru the Pooja process.
- Slate to be placed on the floor
- Pour rice on the slate
- Place the slate pencil on the four sides of the slate.
- The priest keeps chanting the Mantras during the Pooja process.
- Now the devotees will pour Kumkum followed by Turmeric.
- In the end, the priest will place the child on the lap and hold the child’s hand to write the letters.
- Now, the devotees can have Darshan.
- Special Akshara Sreekaram devotees will have quick darshan as Mantap is located right opp to the main deity.
Basara Aksharabhyasam Timings
- Morning Hours: 7:30 am to 12:30 pm
- Afternoon Hours: 2:00 pm to 6:00 pm
Pooja timings might change on special days due to heavy crowd.
Best Days for Basara Aksharabhyasam
- Vasantha Panchami Day (Saraswathi Devi Birth star)
- Moola Nakshatra day during Navaratri festival.
- Akshaya Tritiya.
- Ekadasi days
- Panchami days
- Vyasa Purnima (Guru Purnima)
- Karthika Purnima
- Bhishma Ekadasi
- Garuda Panchami
- Rushi Panchami
- Panchami Theertham (Nov month)
- Vaikunta Ekadasi
- Star and Time calculation based on the Janma Nakshatra
The crowd will be high on Vasantha Panchami Day so Aksharabhyasam (Akshara Sreekaram) might take 2 to 3 hours.
Basara Aksharabhyasam Ticket cost
- Akshara Sreekaram: Rs.100
- Special Akshara Sreekaram: Rs.1000
Two persons are allowed per ticket. Additional persons to pay Rs.100 each for the entry.
Please call @ 85000 85151 for more details.
Basara Aksharabhyasam Pooja Benefits
- It is believed that the child will have Bright future
- The child will be blessed with good knowledge.
- No age restriction on the Aksharabhyasam
- Even school going children can perform Aksharabhyasam.
Aksharabhyasam Pooja Mandapam
- Special Akshara Sreekaram will be performed at the Mantap which is opp to the main deity
- Akshara Sreekaram is at the Mantap on the corner.
- Special Akshara Sreekaram Ticket cost includes Pooja articles cost as well.
- For Normal Akshara Sreekaram, Pooja articles have to purchase on their own.
- Pooja is performed to the group of devotees.
Required Pooja articles for the Aksharabhyasam
- Slate pencils
- Notebook and Pen for the elders
- Rice – 100 gm
- Two Garlands
Pooja articles can be purchased at the temple premises.
Best Days for Aksharabhyasam in 2020 and 2021
|–||5Apr||7:53 am, 9:22 am|
|Jan 2021||3Jan||10:32 am|
Basara Train Timings
|Train Name||Train No||Basar (BSX) Arrival time|
|NSL NS Exp||17214||11:00 pm|
|Devagiri Exp||17057||2:30 pm|
|Ajanta Exp||17063||8:50 am|
|NRKR KCG Exp||17642||8:15 pm|
|Krishna Exp||17406||5:45 am|
|NED HYB Passenger||57564||7:45 am|
|NED TPTY Exp||07607||12:10 am|
|Nagawali SF Exp||20810||11:30 pm|
|NED VSKP SF Exp||20812||9:30 pm|
|AK KCG Exp||17640||8:15 pm|
|NSL NS Exp||17232||11:05 pm|
|NSL MAS Weekly Exp||16004||1:25 am|
|TIRUPATI Exp||17418||9:57 am|
|JP HYB Exp||17019||8:10 am|