Alipiri to Tirumala by walk, Distance, Walking Time, Timings and Darshan Procedure
- Alipiri to Tirumala Distance: 9 Km
- Walking Time: 3 hours to 3 hours 30 mins.
- No.of Steps from Alipiri Entrance to Tirumala: 3550
- Darshan Tickets: Divya Darshan
- Ticket cost: Free Darshan Tickets
- Alipiri Open Timings: Open for 24 hours.
- Dress Code while walking: Any decent outfit. No restriction while walking
- Photography: Allowed
- Video Camera Shooting: Allowed (Not High end professional cameras)
- Electronic Gadgets such as Laptops: Allowed
- Age limit: No restriction on the age. All are allowed thru this path
- Food Facilities: Shops available all along the path
- Water facilities: Water taps are available along the path.
- Divya Darshan Tickets quota Limit: 14000 per day.
- Ideal time to start trekking: 9.00 pm to 4.00 am
- Is Alipiri Mettu Safe for Night Walking: Yes, Security staff and devotees will be available all the time.
- Darshan Ticket age limit: No ticket for under 12 years of age.
- No.of Laddus issued per ticket: One free Laddu
Alipiri to Tirumala By Walk Timings and Distance
Alipiri Mettu is 3.7 Km from Tirupati Railway station and 4.0 Km from Tirupati Bus station. TTD runs free Buses from Tirupati Railway station, Vishnu Nivasam, Tirupati Bus station and Srinivasam Complex to Alipiri Mettu at regular intervals.
The devotees can leave their Luggage at Luggage Depositing center located at Alipiri Mettu Entrance. Please don’t leave any valuable items in the luggage bag such as Laptops, Glass items, Camera etc.
Divya Darshan tickets will be issued at 100th step. The devotees can avail this facility if they don’t have pre-booked darshan tickets.
Divya Darshan counter located right after Alipiri Gopuram
Alipiri Mettu entrance to Gali Gopuram usually takes 1 hour 15 mins to 1 hours 30 mins as steps are steep. Gali Gopuram is located at 2083th step.
Second level of ticket authentication will be performed after 2850 step. After Gali Gopuram, the journey will be somewhat ok.
Mokala Parvatham steps will be steep and there about 640 steps to Tirumala last step. Mokalla Parvatham steps starts at 2910th step.
Some devotees used to walk with their knees, but it is not mandatory or any rule to perform that. The devotees can take steps path in a normal way.
After reaching Tirumala ie 3500th step, the devotees can collect Luggage bag at GNC baggage center
Devotees can enroll for Offline Room registration here at GNC itself
Now the devotee can proceed to Kalyanakatta to offer hair and bathing. After bathing and collecting room (if required), now you can report at VQC II complex for Darshan. Darshan reporting time is available on the Divya Darshan ticket. The devotee requested to report as mentioned on the ticket.
Divya Darshan ticket Expected Darshan duration (With waiting time)
|Monday||4 to 5 hours|
|Tuesday||2 to 3 hours|
|Wednesday||2 to 3 hours|
|Thursday||4 to 5 hours|
|Friday||5 to 6 hours|
|Saturday||8 to 10 hours|
|Sunday||8 to 10 hours|
The darshan duration will be high on festival days and on special months. The devotees can purchase additional laddus at the Laddu Counter. Each Small Laddu cost Rs.50 and Kalyanam Laddu cost Rs.200 each. There is no limit on the laddus purchase. Laddu cover will be charged as well. The devotee requested to keep small change Rs.5, Rs.10 and Rs.20.
The devotees can avail Free Bus in Tirumala, which connects all cottages and Room booking centers in Tirumala. From GNC Tollgate entrance, it usually takes 20 to 25 mins to reach Darshan entry line. Instead, Free bus is available and operated every 3 to 4 mins.