Iruppu Falls Visiting Hours, Route map, Images, Best Time to visit
Legend date back to Ramayana times, Rama and Lakshman in search of Sita arrived here and Lakshman created this fall on shooting an arrow to fill Rama’s thirsty. It is believed that taking a holy bath in this fall clear the Sins. Thousands of devotees take bath during Sivaratri day. The falls here drop from a height of 60 ft. Falls located in the Brahmagiri range of hills. This is a perennial fall which creates scenic beauty. The gushing water with lush green mountains, trekking adds pleasure to the visitors. can be one of the most pleasurable experiences for anybody. Rama temple is available at the entrance.
Best time to visit the falls: Monsoon season. Jul, Aug, Sep and Oct months.
Distance from Bengaluru: 256 km away.
Distance from Mysuru: 118 km away. The nearest airport is at Mysore.
Visiting Hours: 6:00 am – 6:00 pm.
Places nearby Iruppu Falls
- Nagarahole Tiger park which opens from 6:30 – 6:30 pm is 45 km away.
- Madikeri is 80 km from this place.
- Tala Kaveri is 100 km away. This is the birthplace of the River Kaveri.
- Dubare Elephant camp is 65 km from this place.
- Mysore Palace is 118 km away from this fall.
Iruppu Falls Images
Reference Link: Falls