Srikalahasti Temple Rahu Ketu Pooja Procedure and Benefits
Rahu Ketu Pooja will be performed for a group of devotees in Mandap. This Pooja can be performed as a couple or Single.
Srikalahasti Temple Rahu Ketu Pooja Dress Code
Men: White Pancha, Dhoti/ Kurta, Pyjama.
Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half Saree
But the temple is allowing devotees even with Pant and Shirt.
Srikalahasti Temple Rahu Ketu Pooja Timings
Rahu Ketu Pooja is performed daily between 6:00 am to 6:00 pm. Pooja slots are available for every 1 hour. Performing Pooja during Rahu Kaal is advisable. Sunday’s and Tuesday’s are preferable for this Pooja.
|Day||Rahu Kaal Timings|
|Monday||7:30 am to 9:00 am|
|Tuesday||3:00 pm to 4:30 pm|
|Wednesday||12:00 pm to 1:30 pm|
|Thursday||1:30 pm to 3:00 pm|
|Friday||10:30 am to 12:00 pm|
|Saturday||9:00 am to 10:30 am|
|Sunday||4:30 pm to 6:00 pm|
Rahu Keu Pooja Duration: 30 to 45 mins
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Price
|Ticket Cost||Pooja Location||No.Of Persons|
|Rs.500||Outside Main temple. |
Within the temple premises
|Rs.750||Outside Main temple. |
Within the temple premises
|Rs.1500||Outside Main temple. |
|Rs.2500||Inside the Main temple. |
|Rs.5000||Inside the Main temple. |
Sahasra Linga Temple
Only Pooja persons are allowed to sit in the Pooja.
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Rules
- This Pooja can be performed as a single or couple only.
- Unmarried couples cannot perform this Pooja together
- Two Singles cannot perform this Pooja together
- It is advisable to perform Pooja on fasting
- One must take a head bath before performing this Pooja
- It is advisable not to consume Non-veg for 3 days before and after the Pooja.
- For female devotees, Rahu Ketu Pooja can be performed 8 days after their menstrual cycle.
- After performing this Pooja, one should not visit their friends, relatives homes and other temples. As they should head to their home or residing place.
Best Days for Rahu Ketu Pooja
- Amavasya Day Rahu Kaal Timings
- Sunday Rahu Kaal Timings
- Tuesday Rahu Kaal Timings
- Sunday Amavasya Rahu Kaal Timings
- Sunday Amavasya Day
- Solar Lunar Eclipse Day
- Rahu Peyarchi Day
- Ketu Peyarchi Day
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Benefits
- Removes Dosha related to Pregnancy delay
- Removes Dosha related to marriage delay
- Career Growth
- Business Growth
- Abroad studies
- Family wellbeing
- Kala Sarpa Dosha Nivarana
- Higher Studies
It is advisable to perform Rahu Ketu Pooja twice in a year for effective results.
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Procedure
- After purchasing the ticket from the counter, the devotee must wait for the next Pooja slot
- The devotee must stand in Q Line at the Mandapam entrance
- Pooja ticket cost includes Pooja materials and Darshan as well.
- Not required to purchase additional Pooja materials selling outside
- Temple staff will guide the devotees in the initial Pooja setup.
- The priest will run thru Pooja process in four different Languages which are Telugu, Tamil, English and Hindi.
- Please keep Rs.101, Rs.116, Rs.51 or other small amounts for Dakshina at the end of the Pooja.
- The devotee has to deposit the Silver Naga Idols in the Hundi located at Srikalahasteeswara Sannidhi.
- Please don’t carry Serpent Idols to Home.
- The devotees can have Darshan with this Pooja ticket.
- No Prasadam will be offered for Rahu Ketu Pooja.
- After Darshan and Dropping Rahu Ketu Silver Idols in the Hundi, now the devotee can leave the premises.
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Ticket Booking
Online booking is not available for Rahu Ketu Pooja tickets. Tickets can be purchased at the counter for the same day Pooja. The crowd will be high on Special days and Rahu Kaal Pooja Timings. It is advisable to reach Srikalahasti much early if planning for Rahu Kaal Pooja. Please note that it is unlimited Pooja tickets on any day. Rahu Ketu Pooja will not be performed on Sivaratri day.
How to reach Srikalahasti Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Tirupati which is 23 Km way.
- The nearest Railway station is at Srikalahasti which is 3 Km away.
- The direct trains are available from Hyderabad, Bangalore and other Major cities
- The direct bus is available from Vijayawada, Chennai, Bangalore etc.
- Bus frequency is high from Tirupati Bus station
Srikalahasti Rahu Ketu Pooja Contact Number
There is no separate contact number available for Rahu Ketu Pooja section. This Pooja is performed daily and is easy to perform the Pooja.
What is the Preferable Dress Color for Rahu Ketu Pooja?
Light Blue color is advisable for this Pooja. Pant or Shirt can be Blue. Please note that It is not mandatory to stick with Blue Color.