Rahu Ketu Pooja Procedure, Cost, Booking, Timings
Pooja Timings: 6:30 am – 5:30 pm. Daily.
Pooja performed on all days except Sivaratri day.
It is advisable to perform Pooja during Rahu Kalam timings for best results.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Best days for Rahu Ketu Pooja
- Rahu Kala Pooja on an Amavasya day
- Rahu Kala Pooja on a Grahan day
- Sunday Amavasya Rahu Kala Pooja
- Sunday and Tuesdays.
- Rahu Kala Pooja on Nag Panchami day.
Rahu Ketu Pooja Details
- Pooja duration: 30 – 45 mins.
- Pooja Ticket Cost: Rs.500, Rs.750, Rs.1500, Rs.2500 and Rs.5000
- No.Of persons allowed per ticket: 2
- Pooja to be performed as a single or couple only
- Sunday and Tuesdays are the best days for the Pooja.
- The blue colour dress is preferable for Pooja.
Rahu Ketu Pooja Benefits and Remedies
- Removes Kala Sarpa Dosha
- Removes Dosha related to Pregnancy delay.
- For Career Growth.
- Get rid of Dosha related to marriage delay.
- For Business Growth
Pooja Ticket and Location
|Rs.500||Near Pathala Ganapathi Temple||Outside main Temple|
|Rs.750||Near Thirumanjanam Gopuram||Outside main Temple|
|Rs.1500||Near Dwajasthanam.||Outside Main temple|
|Rs.2500||Near Nithya Kalyana Mandapam||Inside Temple|
|Rs.5000||Near Sahasra Lingam.||Inside Temple|
Ticket Cost includes Entry fees and Pooja articles. No need to purchase Pooja materials again.
Rahu Ketu Pooja Procedure
- On purchasing the ticket, the Pooja bag and Ticket will be issued at the counter.
- Pooja bag includes Flowers, Rahu and Ketu Silver Idols, Black Gram for Rahu Graha, Horse Gram for Ketu Graha, Two Lemons, 1 Coconut, Red Cloth, Black Cloth, Turmeric Powder and Vermillion Powder.
- On entering Mantap, the devotees are allowed to sit close to each other.
- The Mandapam can accommodate 150 – 200 members.
- Black cloth to be placed on the right side and Red Cloth on the left side.
- Pour Black Gram and Horse Gram seeds on the Black and Red cloths respectively
- Place Rahu Silver Idol (Single Headed snake) on the Black cloth and Ketu Silver Idol on the Red cloth ( Five headed snake Idol)
- Place Lemons close to Idols head.
- Now mix Turmeric and Vermillion thoroughly and keep it aside.
- Its time to perform Sankalp. The head priest will be chanting the Sankalp and the devotees to follow the priest.
- Break the coconut into two pieces and place it on the Red and Black cloths.
- The priest will be chanting Mantras in Four languages ie. Telugu, Tamil, Hindi and English.
- The devotees are asked to drop flowers one by one on the Idols.
- Next is the Archana with Turmeric and Vermillion mix.
- In the end, Harathi will be offered to the Idols.
- Now the devotees are instructed to apply the turmeric and vermillion mix on their foreheads.
- Carry the Silver Idols while going for Darshan and Drop it in the Hundi after Darshan.
- Little Care required while dropping the Idols. Turn backside such as way that Hundi should face your backside.
- Now perform 3 Pradakshinam with the silver Idols on top of your head to the right side and drop it in the Hundi.