Prasanna Anjaneya Swamy Temple Singarayakonda located at the foot of the hills. It is believed that Sage Narada performed penance for Lord Narasimha Swamy and Lord appeared before him in Varaha Narasimha Avatar (Incarnation of Lord Vishnu). Singarayakonda Narasimha Swamy temple flourished during the time of Vijayanagara Kings in 15th Century.
Prasanna Anjaneya Swamy Temple Singarayakonda History
At the end of the 17th century which is 210 years from now, During the installation of Flag Post (Dwajasthambham) at Narasimha Swamy Temple in the uphill. a saint installed Prasanna Anjaneya Idol at the foot of the hills, which is next to Bhavanasi Temple Tank and disappeared after installation. Thousands of devotees who gathered for the Flag post-installation witnessed the miracle.
There is another folklore circulating about this temple, that Hanuman in search of Goddess Sita stayed on this hill for a day. Idol is facing south direction.
Hanuman Jayanthi will be celebrated in a grand and temple will be heavily crowded on this day. Thousands of devotees from nearby places used to visit this Temple on this holy day and performs Bhajans.
- Morning Hours: 7:00 am – 12:30 pm
- Afternoon Hours: 2:00 pm – 700 pm
Darshan Dress Code: Any decent outfit
Darshan Duration: 15 to 20 mins during weekdays and 20 to 30 mins on Tue, Sat, Sun and Holidays.
How to reach Prasanna Anjaneya Swamy Temple Singarayakonda?
- The nearest international airport is at Vijayawada which is 200 km away
- Next, nearest is at Tirupati which is 220 km from this temple.
- The nearest railway station is at Singarayakonda which is 2.9 km away
- Direct buses to Singarayakonda is available from Kandukur, Ongole.
- From Kandukur, the temple is 15.6 km away
- From Ongole bus station, the temple is 37. 3 km away