Nemaligundla Ranganayaka Swamy Temple is located in Nallamalla Forest. Temple can be reached from J. Pullala Cheruvu in Racharla Mandal, Prakasam District. Annual Brahmotsavam festival will be performed to the deity during Mar-Apr. Brahmotsavam will be conducted for 3 days, during this temple Utsava deities will be taken out in a procession.
Nemaligundla Ranganayaka Swamy Temple Timings
- Archana: 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. Ticket cost: Rs.21
- Special Darshan: 6:30 am to 5:00 pm. Ticket cost. Rs.5
- Hair offering: 6:30 am to 4:00 pm. Ticket cost: Rs.10
- Vahana pooja: 7:00 am to 4:00 pm. Ticket cost: Rs.25, Rs.50, Rs.100
Brahmotsavam Vahana details
|Day 1||Ankurarpana, |
|Day 2||Kalyanam at 11 am |
Garuda Vahana Seva at 10 pm
|Day 3||Teppotsavam at 9:00 am |
Rathotsavam in the evening hours at 4:00 pm
Nemaligundla Ranganayaka Swamy Temple History
As per the Legends, Sage Mayura Rishi performed penance here for Lord Vishnu. To perform daily Abhishekam to the Lord, Sage dug a small water pool with his nose tip. which later turned into a bigger pool. The water-pool structure is in the shape of a Peacock so the place popular by the name Nemaligundla, where Nemali means peacock and Gundla mean Pool. Sage installed Ranganayaka Swamy Idol next to this water pool. Later the temple was built by the Villagers.
It is believed that those who speak lies at this holy place will be punished. The main deity Ranganayaka Swamy was in the reclining posture.
J.Pullala Cheruvu, Racharla Mandal, Prakasam District.
How to reach Nemaligundla Ranganayaka Swamy Temple?
- The nearest international airport is at Vijayawada which is 191 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Vinukonda which is 41 km away.
- The direct bus is available from Vinukonda bus station, Narasaraopet bus stations. Frequency to this temple is a little less.