Pitra Dosh Nivaran Puja can be performed at home or at a temple. It is said that curse from ancestors is said to be the cause of Pitra Dosha. A good astrologer can help you in identifying Pitra Dosh by looking at the birth chart.
Pitra Dosha Effects
- No male child to take the family name to the next generation.
- Not having children even after taking medication.
- Frequent abortions or fetus not forming rightly.
- Children rejecting a marriage proposal.
- Not finding the right match.
- Children dying at a very young age. No one to carry the Gotra.
- Frequent job change
- Mentally or physically challenged children.
How to identify Pitra Dosh?
It is said that one can find out this dosha on his own, by offering food to crow, if it is not accepting your meal then there is some sort of dosha in your home or with your birth chart.
Another way to find out this dosha is to try feeding the street black dog if it is not accepting your meal then there should be some problem with your birth chart.
Pitra Dosh Nivaran (Remedies) at Home
- Reciting Gayatri Mantra
- Offering Pindaan to the pacify ancestors, which is a ritual to be followed.
- Somvati Amavasya is the best day to pacify Pitra Devathas and to get rid of Pitra Dosh. On this day to find a peepal tree nearby and offer one Yagnopavetham to the peepal tree. Offer second Yagnopavetham to the peepal tree on the name of Lord Vishnu. It is said that Lord Vishnu resides in the peepal tree. Pray to Peepal tree and Lord Vishnu. Now do 108 Pradakshinam around peepal tree and keep tieing the tree with a white raw thread. In each Pradakshinam offer one sweet which is made from milk to the peepal and keep chanting the mantra ” Om Namo Bhagavathe Vasudevaya Namah“. After completing Pradakshinam leave those sweets there itself or you can offer it to a brahmin.
- It is mentioned in Sastras that, One should offer water which is mixed with sesame seeds to Pitras facing south direction. Next you need to offering rice balls to crows, rice ball should be mixed with purified butter and sugar.
- The best way is to feed poor people on every Amavasya and Poornima.
- Performing Tharpana on every day during Mahalaya Paksha.
- Feed crows daily and stray black dogs.
Pitra Dosh Nivaran by Performing Thila Homam
Thila Homam is meant to pacify ancestors. With this Homam, unhappy souls will attain Salvation. This Homam can be performed by the relatives if there was any unnatural passing in their family.
The best day for this Pooja is on Aadi Amavasya.
Temples where Thila Homam or Pitra Dosh Nivarana will be performed
- Ramanatha Swamy Temple Rameswaram.
- Swetharanyeswara Swamy Temple at Thiruvenkadu, Nagapattinam, TamilNadu.
- Sree Parasurama Swamy Temple in Thiruvallam, Thiruvananthapuram, Kerala.
- Janardhana Swamy Temple in Varkala, Kerala.
- Thirunavaya Nava Mukunda Temple in Malappuram, Kerala.
- Naryana Nagabali Pooja at Trimbakehswara Temple.
Reference Link: Dosha Nivarana