Narayan Nagbali Puja at Trimbakeshwar. This pooja is meant for Pitra Dosha and Kala Sarpa Dosha Nivarana. Pooja will be performed only on specific days. The significance of this Pooja is stated in Garuda Purana and Skanda Purana.
Narayan Nagbali Puja Procedure
- One should shave his head before performing this ritual
- Whoever performing this ritual has to rinse their mouth with water from Kushawart Ghat.
- One should dress up in new clothes and pray to their ancestors and get the blessings from the Pundit.
- Fill the copper vessel with water from the Kushwart Ghat and then have Darshan of Lord Trimbakeshwar.
- Enter Dharmashala which is located right next to the main temple.
- Pundit will tie the Dharbha ring to the person who will be performing the ritual.
- Pundit will set up five Kalasas (Copper pots filled with water) around the Yagna place.
- The male person has to offer 16 rice balls to the holy fire.
- Then five Pinda to be offered to the five Kalasas, which marks 5 gods. During Pind Dhan, the female person has to stay little away
- Then rice will be placed in the leaves and lit the cotton placed in the middle of the rice heap. Pundit will let you know where it should be placed.
- Pundit prepares a miniature of a human body with Coconut and wheat flour. Stone will be placed next to it.
- The male person will now offer 5 Pindas to this statue.
- Later the male person will now carry this human body and stone to the cremation ground and burns the statue. He now has to go around the burning body in an anti-clockwise direction.
- He needs to carry the stone back to Dharmashala. Water mixed with Sesame seeds will be offered to this stone. 10 Pindas will be offered followed by 8 more.
- After completing this ritual, couples have to take the bath at Kushawart Ghat and leave to their room with their wet clothes.
- They need to dry these clothes as they have to wear the same clothes for the second day.
- On the second day, the male person has to collect the ashes of the statue in a vessel and leave the ash in the river Ganga.
- Pour milk, Cow dung and Curd at the cremation place.
- Then the male person has to take the bath at Kushawart Ghat.
- Dry the clothes and reach Temple to Lord Siva Darshan.
- Reach Dharmashala for the second process. The pundit will tie the ring made out of Dharba to the male person again.
- The male will now offer Pinda Dhan by facing the South direction. In total 16 Pindas will be offered. Pundit will thru the remaining process of the 2nd day.
- Kala Sarpa Dosha Nivarana Pooja will be performed on the third day.
- One has to dress up in new clothes. Clothes used for the last 2 days should be discarded and thrown away.
Mantra to relieve fear
Whenever you feel insecure and worried about Souls or Spirits or danger, recite this Mantra.
Jai Thvam Devi Chamundi
Jai Bhootharthi Haarini
Jai Sarva Gathe Devi
Pitra Dosha Effects
- Disputes in the family.
- Change in the behaviour
- Dying at a young age
- Addicted to bad habits
- Suffering from diseases
- The embryo is not forming rightly. Frequent abortions.
Narayan Nagbali Puja Benefits
- Unsatisfied spirits attain salvation.
- Relieves from fear and danger
- Restores well-being in the family.
- Bless with Good and healthy children.
- Mental peace and harmony in the work-life.
When Narayan Nagbali Puja to be performed?
- Death is caused by starving.
- Death is caused by a disease.
- Killed by Animal.
- Killing self by weapons.
- Committing suicide.
- Drowned in water pools.
- Death caused by accident.
- Death is caused by Venomous creatures.
- Death is caused by jumping from heights.
Best days for Narayan Nagbali Puja
- Performing Pooja on Ashlesha Nakshatra days is preferable
- Performing Pooja on the 7th day from No moon day (Amavasya) i.e. Sukla Shashti day.
Narayan Nagbali Puja Rules and Regulations
- Pooja should not be performed on Grahan days, Ekadasi, Ashtami, Dasami.
- One should not visit any other temples after this pooja.
- Next day after having the head bath you can visit the temple.
- Check with Pundit before leaving
Narayan Nagbali Puja Link: Dosha Nivarana
2022 Narayan Nagbali Puja Dates
11Jan, 18Jan, 22Jan
1Feb, 7Feb, 11Feb, 22Feb, 28Feb
6Mar, 14Mar, 24Mar, 28Mar
4Apr, 10Apr, 14Apr, 19Apr, 24Apr, 30Apr
3May, 8May, 14May, 21May, 27May, 31May
4Jun, 9Jun, 13Jun, 17Jun, 23Jun, 27Jun
1Jul, 7Jul, 11Jul, 15Jul, 21Jul, 28Jul
4Aug, 7Aug, 11Aug, 17Aug, 20Aug, 25Aug
8Sep, 13Sep, 16Sep, 19Sep, 22Sep
1Oct, 11Oct, 14Oct, 18Oct, 28Oct
1Nov, 12Nov, 15Nov, 20Nov, 24Nov, 28Nov
4Dec, 12Dec, 19Dec, 26Dec
1Jan, 8Jan, 12Jan, 22Jan, 28Jan
1Feb, 5Feb, 12Feb, 19Feb, 24Feb
4Mar, 13Mar, 18Mar