Chottanikkara Vidyarambham Timings, Cost and Procedure
Timings: 8:00 am – 12:00 pm. Daily.
Ticket Cost: Rs.60
Mandatory Dress Code:
Women: Female: Saree with blouse/ Punjabi Dress with Dupatta / Chudidhar with Dupatta/ Half saree
Men: Dhoti or trouser without a shirt.
Age: 2 years 6 months and above.
Auspicious Days for Chottanikkara Vidyarambham
- Maha Navami
- Akshaya Tritiya
- Vasantha Panchami
- Rathasapthami day
- Hygreeva Jayanthi
The crowd will be high on these dates for Aksharabhyasam. Among all these, the last day of the ten-day-long Navaratri festival i.e Vijayadasami is most preferred for Aksharabhyasam.
Chottanikkara Vidyarambham Booking
The ticket can be purchased on arrival at the counter for the same day Pooja. No online booking available for this Pooja.
What is Vidyarambham?
Vidyarambham also called as Ezhuthiniruthu or Aksharabhyasam is a ceremony for children where they are introduced to education and learning. This is performed to the child between 2 years – 6 years. Vidya means Knowledge, Arambham means Learning. This event will be performed by the devotees irrespective of caste and religions. It is believed that performing Vidyarambham here at this temple will bless the kids with good education and knowledge.
How to reach Chottanikkara temple?
- The nearest airport is at Kochi which is 39 Km from the temple.
- The nearest railway station is at Ernakulam South which is 18 Km away.
- Ernakulam North station is 20 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Ernakulam station which is 20 Km from the temple.
- The direct bus is available from Kaloor to the temple with good frequency.
Reference Link: details