Buxa Tiger Reserve Timings, Route, Opening Dates, Best Time to visit.
The core reserve stretches over an area of 386.07 Sq.Km. It is declared as the wildlife sanctuary in 1983 and national park in 1992. This park is inhabited by Tiger, Elephants, Deer, Indian Gaur, Sambar, Sloth bear, Wildboar, Jackals, Barking deer, Hog Deer, Leopard, Fishing Cat etc. It is estimated that 246 bird species were found in this reserve which includes migratory birds. The second-largest tiger reserve in North Bengal after Sunderban. It is located on the border of Assam and Bhutan. This sanctuary is home to many other animals such as Rhesus macaque, Squirrels, Common Pangolin and Chinese Pangolin.
Two-wheelers are not allowed inside the Reserve.
Opening Dates: 16Sep-14Jun.
Closing Dates: 15Jun-15Sep
Buxa Tiger Reserve Seasons
Best Time to visit: Oct-May.
The tourists flow will be high during Dec, Jan, Apr and May months. Advance booking required for resorts nearby as tourists flow will be high during public holidays and peak seasons.
Tourists places nearby
- Buxa Fort which is 4 Km from Santalabari. 18 Km from Tiger Reserve
- Jayanti Village is famous for its wide riverbed and trekking. 16 Km from Buxa Tiger Reserve.
- Lepchakha which is 2 Km from Buxa Duar.
- Raimatang good place for elephants sightings.
- Sikiajhora is 15 Km from Rajabhatkhawa.
How to reach Buxa Tiger Reserve?
- The nearest airport is at Bagdogra which is 175 Km from the reserve
- The nearest railway station is at New Alipurduar which is 20 Km away.
- This place can be reached from Cooch Behar which is 30 km away. The direct bus is not available to the reserve.
For more details on Buxa Tiger Reserve Please call @ +91 8500085151
Reference Link: details