Basara Temple History, Timings and Pooja details.
Temple is located in Mudhole Mandal, Nirmal District on the banks of River Godavari. Papaharini or Asta Theertha is located to the East of the temple.
Basara Temple History
As per the Brahmanda Puranam, During Dwaparayuga, After Mahabharatha war, Vyasa Maharshi was disturbed and went on a pilgrimage for peace. On reaching, Kumarachala Hills which lies on the banks of River Godavari, he started meditating. Vyasa Maharshi used to carry a handful of sand from river Godavari on each day and started preparing sand hill at three places. Divine Trinity was impressed with Sage Vyasa penance and self-manifested at Basara in her three forms. The Sand dunes turned into Goddess Saraswathi, Goddess Maha Lakshmi and Goddess Kali. As Vyasa Maharshi installed these deities, this place was called by Vyasa Puram which then turned to Vyasra and now called by the name Basara.
From the Puranas, it is known that Lord Siva, Ganapathi, Surya Bhagavan and Indra did penance on these hills. Kumara Swamy Performed penance on this hills, hence the name Kumarachala Hills.
Goddess Saraswati and Maha Lakshmi deities are in the same shrine side by. Goddess Kali temple is located close to this temple.
Basara Temple Pooja
- Abhishekam will be performed daily between 4:30 am – 5:30 am. Abhishekam will be performed with Honey, Curd, Milk, Ghee, Sugar, and Fruits. Devotees can have Nijaroopa Darshan during Abhishekam.
- Aksharabhyasam, Odi bheeyam, Satya Narayana Vratham, Vahana Pooja will be performed daily from 7:30 am – 12:30 pm and 2:00 pm – 6:00 pm. All these Poojas will be performed for the group of devotees.
Basara Temple Darshan Timings
|1||4:30 am -5:30 am||Nijaroopa Darshan||Rs.200 for 2 persons|
|2||7:30 am -12:30 pm||Sarva Darshan/ Seegra Darshan||Rs.100/ person for Seegra Darshan|
|3||2:00 pm – 8:30 pm||Sarva Darshan/ Seegra Darshan||Rs.100/ person for Seegra Darshan|
Basara Temple Festivals (Utsavam)
- Magha Suddha Panchami
- Vasantha Panchami
- Goddess Saraswati Janma Naksthra
- Navaratri Utsavam for 10 days
- Vyasa Pournami (Guru Pournami)
- Maha Sivaratri
How to reach Basara Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Hyderabad which is 259 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Basara which is 2 km from the temple and at Nizamabad which is 30 km away.
- The direct bus is available from MGBS Hyderabad.
Basara Temple Images
[gallery] shortcode not found inside [smart-grid][/smart-grid] shortcode
Reference Link: History