Valaikappu ceremony procedure, Auspicious Muhurtham time, cost, and benefits
After a five-month pregnancy, the Valaikappu function serves this goal. Indians carry out a significant Hindu ritual known as the Valaikappu function. It is primarily one of the Shodasha samskaras performed during a woman’s pregnancy.
The purpose of the Valaikappu Function is to pray to God for a woman to have a healthy pregnancy, which will lead to the mother’s excellent health and the child’s safe delivery. Mother is to be revered as Lakshmi, the goddess. The expectant mother receives a brand-new saree, bangles, and other gifts during the Valaikappu Function. She is then bathed with Dravyas.
Tamilians observe this event and perform the traditional Valaikappu ceremony for expectant mothers who are nearing the end of their pregnancy. According to the ritual Valaikappu, kappu means “security” and valai means “bangles.”
Valaikappu Ceremony Procedure
- In the seventh month of the woman’s pregnancy, her parents do this duty.
- Any member of the family or friend who is familiar with the practice should do the Valakaapu on behalf of the daughter if the parents are absent.
- In the morning, on an auspicious day, she bathes her head.
- Her parents give her a saree of any color, but preferably green.
- Friends and family are welcome to attend the event.
- Make turmeric ganesha; mix turmeric and water to form a thick paste.
- Create a small image that is about 2 inches tall.
- The daughter should sit facing east while seated on a chair or mat.
- She should recite some Ganesha sloka while performing Ganesha pooja.
- Ganesha pooja should be performed with turmeric, kumkum, Chandan, Akshada, and flowers.
- The girl then performs the flowers pooja, haldi, kumkum, and akshada for the entire set of bangles.
- First, each assembled lady is handed kumkum and turmeric.
- Subsequently, bangles are given to all the young girls and newborns gathered in the hall, as well as any newlywed women in the group whose next pregnancy is expected.
- At last, the girl’s mother showers her with blessings and puts on bangles for her daughter.
- She must fill each hand with an odd number of bangles. different numbers in each hand.
Benefits of the Valaikappu Ceremony
- Performing rituals improves the brain of a developing fetus.
- Chanting the Baby Shower Puja or listening to the mantras performed by the Hindu pandit at the puja helps the woman become pure, which in turn helps the baby become intelligent and perceptive.
- Obtaining the blessings of elders and lords through this ritual helps the woman have a smooth delivery.
- The mother and child receive protection from this puja.
- Through this puja, the expectant mother receives a long and healthy life.
- bestow a long life on the husband as well.
Puja articles for Valaikappu Ceremony
|Sandalwood powder or paste
|One small packet
|12 bananas and other fruits
|Big-size Aluminum tray
|Dry coconut pieces
|Tumblers, Spoons, and plates
|Coins any denomination
|Vastram for kalasam
|1 towel and blouse piece
|1 small cup