Sri Parvathi Sametha Someswara Swamy Temple Punganur
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple which is located in the Temple Town of Punganur, is dedicated to Lord Siva.This temple was built by Cholas during 9th and 10th centuries, as stated in the inscriptions on the temple walls. Temple Gopuram architecture reminds Chola’s culture.
Currently, this Temple is under the maintenance of Punganur Zamindars, who are looking after temple activities and festivals.
Sub temples within the temple premises
- Parvathi Amma Varu
- Siddi Vinayaka Swamy
- Subramanya Swamy along with His Consorts SriValli and Devasena
- Ayyapa Swamy
Important Annual festival dates
- Brahmotsavam will be celebrated during Chaitra Masam ( First month in Lunar Calendar). It is a 11 day annual festival.
- Karthika Masam Utsavam ( Karthika Masam – eighth month in Lunar Calendar)
- Dasara Utsavam
- Ashada masam which is auspicious for Subramanya Swamy, Aadi Krithika Utsavam (In the months of June-July)
- Makara Jyothi Utsavam ( In the month of Jan)
Daily Pooja will be performed regularly to the deity, one in the morning and in the evening
Rudrabhishekam, Mahanyasa Ekadasa Purvaka Rudrabhishekam will be conducted here.
Temple Timings: 8 am – 9 pm
Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Brahmotsavam Calendar
|3||Third day||Yaali Vahanam|
|4||Fourth day||Sesha Vahanam|
|5||Fifth day||Ravana Mahotsavam|
|6||Sixth day||Nandi Vahanam|
|7||Seventh day||Samoohika Kalyanotsavam|
|9||Ninth day||Aswa Vahanam|
|10||Tenth day||Dwaja avarohanam
How to reach Sri Someswara Swamy Temple Punganur?
- From TirupSti Central Bus station, direct buses to Punganur runs at regular intervals.
- Pungnur is 119 km from Tirupati, from Puganur bypass Road, it takes 15 mins to reach this place.
- It takes 2 hours 30 mins journey time.
- From Chittoor, Punganur is 71 Km away, 37 Km from Palamaner