Nookambika Temple History, Timings, Darshan and Pooja details
Nookambika Temple History
In the year 1450 AD, Arcad Nawab’s made their commander-in-chief Kakarlapudi Appalaraju as the king for Sarpavaram region for his great services. Appalaraju ruled the region by building a fort at Anakapalli. Appalaraju Installed his family deity Kakatambika to the south of the fort. As the time passes by Kakatambika turned to Nookambika. In the year 1953, AP Endowments undertook the administration.
The crowd will be high during Feb, Mar and Apr months. Annual festival celebrations start on Phalguna Amavasya day and end on Chaitra Amavasya.
- Rooms are available at Kalyan Mantap.
- Cottages are also available at the temple premises
- Kakatambika Complex rooms are also available for occupancy.
Nookambika Temple Timings
|4:30 am – 5:00 am||Kumkum Pooja|
|5:00 am – 11:30 am||Darshan|
|11:30 am – 12:00 pm||Nivedana|
|12:00 pm – 4:00 pm||Darshan|
|4:00 pm – 4:30 pm||Nivedana|
|6:00 pm – 6:30 pm||Parayanam
|6:30 pm – 8:00 pm||Darshan|
How to reach Nookambika Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Visakhapatnam which is 29 km away.
- The nearest major Railway station is at Visakhapatnam which is 38 km away. Visakhapatnam is well connected with all parts of the country.
- Temple is easily reachable from Visakhapatnam which is 24 km. The direct bus is available from Visakhapatnam to Anakapalli.
Nookambika Temple Images