Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Thiruvidanthai. The main deity Varaha Swamy is called by Nithya Kalyana Perumal. This temple is one among the 108 Tirupathis sung of by the Vaishnavite saints (The Alwars).
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Legends
As per the Legends, Lord Varaha Swamy, the third incarnation of Lord Vishnu married 360 daughters of Sage Kalava on 360 days and this was in response to a boon granted to the Sage. It is believed that Lord Self-manifested here with His consort Komalavalli.
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Interesting facts
Tempe is of 1000 years old. Temple is one of the 108 Divya Desam (Holy abodes of Lord Vishnu). Aspiring grooms and brides used to visit this temple.
Formality for Marriage Prarthana
- Devotees who wish to perform Marriage Prarthana have to buy One set of garlands (Two Malas) and Archana set which is available at the temple premises.
- Devotees who want to perform Archana has to visit Sri Nithya Kalyana Perumal Shrine, where you need to provide Gothram, Nakshatram, and Name.
- After Archana, get the garlands which were kept in Pooja from the priest.
- Then worship Goddess Komalavalli and get Kumkum.
- Wear the garlands around your neck
- Perform 9 Pradkshinam (rounds) in the outer Prakara.
- Now remove the Malas and Keep the Malas in Pooja room at Home.
- After getting married, Husband and wife should visit this temple. Carry Old Malas along with you.
- Purchase 2 Malas and Archana set. Perform Archana to the Lord as a couple.
- Now place the Old Mala over the divine tree (Sthala Vriksham), Which is available in temple premises.
Items required for Marriage Prarthana – One Garland set ( Malas – 2), Coconut, Banana, Betel Leaf, Manjal Kumkum, Ghee
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Darshan Timings
Morning Hours: 6:00 am – 12:00 pm
Evening Hours: 3:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple Address
Arulmigu Nithya Kalyana Perumal Thiru Koil,
Tamil Nadu. PinCode – 603112.
How to reach Nithya Kalyana Perumal Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Chennai, which is 36 km away.
- Nearest Stop for Local Train is at Taramani which is 24.8 Km.
- The nearest Railway station is at Chengalpattu which is 37 km away.
- Buses to ECR, Mamallapuram goes via Thiruvidanthai.
[gallery] shortcode not found inside [smart-grid][/smart-grid] shortcode
Reference Link: Temple History