Temple Marriage in Chennai Procedure, Cost and Booking details
Marriage enrollment charges vary from Temple to Temple. Only Hindu arranged marriages are allowed at the temples in Chennai. There is no limits on the guest’s entry for now.
Temple Marriage in Chennai Procedure
- The Bride should have completed 18 years of age
- The Groom should have completed 21 years of age
- Both Bride and Groom should necessarily be Hindus
- A marriage registration form can be collected by submitting an Aadhar Card photocopy from the Temple office by Groom or Bride or by Groom/Bride’s parent.
- One must submit a Community certificate, an Unmarried certificate, a School mark list or TC photocopy and Aadhar Cards photocopies for enrollment.
- Anyone (Bride/ Groom/ Bride Parent/ Groom Parent) can submit the duly filled form.
- Registration opens on the 90th day and Enrollment opens on the 30th day from the date of marriage.
- A receipt will be issued after the marriage stating the marriage details
- Only Marriage permission will be paid during the registration.
- Inter-religion marriages are not allowed at the Temple
- Only Knot tieing is allowed in front of the deity (It changes with the COVID protocols)
- Marriage Halls are also available next to the temple, where Catering services and Mantap decoration can be arranged.
Famous Temples in Chennai for Marriage
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple
- Thiruporur Murugan Temple
- Kundrathur Murugan Temple
- Teynampet Murugan Temple
- Tiruttani Murugan Temple (80 km from Chennai), is one of the 6 abodes of Lord Murugan
For more details, Please call on 94441 76673
Temple Wedding Cost in Chennai
Marriage cost depends on the following parameters
- Purohit Charges
- Mantap decoration (lighting/ Flower)
- Pooja articles
- Catering services (Evening Snacks, Breakfast, Lunch etc)
Simple and Grand weddings can be performed in Chennai.
Marriage Registration Procedure
- A receipt will be issued by the temple authority stating marriage details
- Online marriage registration is available for Tamil Nadu residents only.
- Wedding Invitation Card
- Bride and Groom’s Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride parents and Groom parent’s Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride and Groom’s School mark list or TC photocopy