Temple Marriage in Chennai: Procedure, Cost, and Booking Details
Marriage enrollment charges vary from temple to temple. Only Hindu-arranged marriages are allowed at the temples in Chennai. There are no limits on the guest’s entry for now.
Temple Marriage in Chennai Procedure
- The Bride should have completed 18 years of age
- The Groom should have completed 21 years of age
- Both Bride and Groom should necessarily be Hindus
- A marriage registration form can be collected by submitting an Aadhar Card photocopy from the temple office by the groom or bride or by the groom or bride’s parent.
- One must submit a community certificate, an unmarried certificate, a school mark list or TC photocopy, and Aadhar Card photocopies for enrollment.
- Anyone (the bride, groom, bride parent, or groom parent) can submit the duly filled-out form.
- Registration opens on the 90th day, and enrollment opens on the 30th day from the date of marriage.
- A receipt will be issued after the marriage stating the marriage details
- Only marriage permission will be paid during the registration.
- Inter-religion marriages are not allowed at the Temple
- Only knot-tying is allowed in front of the deity (It changes with the COVID protocols)
- Marriage halls are also available next to the temple, where catering services and mandap decoration can be arranged.
Famous Temples in Chennai for Marriage
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple
- Thiruporur Murugan Temple
- Kundrathur Murugan Temple
- Teynampet Murugan Temple
- Tiruttani Murugan Temple (80 km from Chennai) is one of the six abodes of Lord Murugan
For more details, Please call (944) 766-7373.
Temple Wedding Cost in Chennai
Marriage costs depend on the following parameters:
- Purohit Charges
- Mantap decoration (lighting or flower)
- Pooja articles
- Catering services (Evening Snacks, Breakfast, lunch, etc)
Simple and grand weddings can be performed in Chennai.
Marriage Registration Procedure
- A receipt will be issued by the temple authority stating marriage details
- Online marriage registration is available for Tamil Nadu residents only.
- Wedding Invitation Card
- Bride and Groom’s Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride parents and Groom parents’ Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride and Groom’s School mark list or TC photocopy