Temple wedding in Chennai Cost, Wedding Location and Booking Procedure
Devotees can get married outside the temple in the marriage hall and will have Darshan. Marriage inside the temple is allowed for about 10 mins before the main deity. Only Knot tieing is allowed before the main deity. Other marriage rituals can be performed outside the temple. Food, Nadaswaram and decoration are not allowed in the temple. Due to COVID restrictions, a limited number is allowed during the marriage at the main deity.
Temple wedding Procedure in Chennai
- The Bride must be 18 years and above
- The Groom must be 21 years and above
- Both Bride and Groom must be Hindus
- Only arranged marriages are allowed at the temple
- Bride and Groom’s Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride parents and Groom parents Aadhar Cards photocopies
- Bride and Groom’s SSLC Mark sheet or Date of birth certificate photocopies
- The marriage form must be fulfilled and signed by the Thasildhar/ MRO
- Advance booking is required as a limited number of marriages is allowed on any day.
- Marriages are allowed during the temple opening hours.
- Two passport size photos from Bride and Groom
- The marriage certificate will be issued after the marriage by the temple authorities.
- Marriage halls are limited in the temple premises. Max 1 to 2 marriages can happen in a day.
Temple Wedding Locations in Chennai
- Vadapalani Murugan Temple
- Kundrathur Murugan Temple
- Thiruporur Murugan Temple
- Kapaleeswarar Temple Mylapore
- Tiruttani Murugan Temple (One of the six abodes of Lord Murugan) near Chennai.
- Teynampet Murugan Temple