Garbarakshambigai Temple Thirukarugavur, History, Timings
Garbarakshambigai Temple History
As per the Legend, Nithiruvar and Vedigai were childless for many years and went on a pilgrimage. After reaching Thirukarugavur Vedhikai realised that she was carrying. The couple stayed back with the feeling that it is because of divine blessings. One day, while Vedhigai was relaxing, she went unnoticed the Sage Oorthuvapadhar presence. Angered Sage cursed the couple that the pregnancy will be terminated. The couple prayed for the Goddess. The pleased goddess came to the rescue of the foetus. Goddess safeguard the foetus and blessed the couple with a healthy child. Hence the Goddess called by Garbarakshambigai, which means “One who protects the foetus from all odds”.
This temple is dedicated to Lord Siva and Goddess Parvati. Lord Siva was called by Mullaivananathar and Goddess by Garbarakshambigai Amman.
Childless used to perform the Ghee Prasadam Pooja to conceive. Pregnant women used to perform Castor Oil Prasadam Pooja for Safe and Trouble free delivery.
Garbarakshambigai Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 5:30 am – 12:30 pm
Evening Hours: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm
Garbarakshambigai Temple Pooja benefits
- The childless couple will be blessed with a healthy child
- For Safe and Easy delivery
- Quick relief from labour pains
- For good health
- To get rid of Skin diseases,
- Will recover from Cardiac arrests
- Quick healing after surgery
How to reach Garbarakshambigai Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Tiruchirapalli which is 85 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Papanasanam which is 6.5 km away.
- Temple is easily reachable from Thanjavur. Bus Nos. 24,34,16 and 44 go via this temple.
- Temple can be reached from Kumbakonam as well. Bus Nos 11 and 29 go via this temple.
- Temple is located on the midway to Thanjavur and Papanasanam.
- From Chennai to Kumbakonam to Papanasanam to Thirukarugavur
Reference Link: History