Darjeeling Ropeway Timings, Charges, Duration, Distance, Route info
This cable car (Gondola) runs from 7000 ft to 800 ft and return to the boarding point.
Best Time to visit: Nov-Jul.
Distance: 5 km (Down and Up: 2.5 Km each)
Roundtrip Duration without Break: 40 mins.
Singamari to Tukvar takes 15 mins. 10 mins halt at Tukvar. 15 mins from Tukvar to Singamari.
Boarding Point: Singamari
Destination Point: Tukvar
Cablecar Route: Singamari to Tukvar to Singamari.
No.Of persons allowed in a Cable Car: 6
How to reach Singamari?
- Jeep/ Taxi are running from Chowk Bazaar to the boarding point which is 3 Km away.
- At a walkable distance from From Lebong Cart Road to the point.
Ticket Counter is located at Boarding point only. Tukvar is for Temporary Halt.
Darjeeling Ropeway Timings
|Winter and Monsoon||Off season||10:00 am -4:00 pm||Monsoon: Jun-Sep |
Winter: Dec – Feb
|Summer and Autumn||Peak Season||10:00 am -2:00 pm||Summer: Mar-Jul |
Darjeeling Ropeway Tariff (Roundtrip)
|Child ( 3 – 8 years)||Rs.100|
|Child (under 3 years)||Free|
Tukvar – Destination Point
- The passenger can get down here and can have a coffee /tea/ Snacks break.
- Can walk into the Tea gardens for a while.
- The same ticket works for the return trip.
- Return depends on the crowd again. It is not mandatory to get down here.
Instructions to be followed
- Please carry woollen clothes
- During peak season ie. Long weekend, Holidays, Waiting time will be 60 – 90 mins to board a Cable Car.
- The window seat is advisable for good view.
- It passes thru Valley of Tea gardens, Houses.
Cable Car will be closed 19th of every month for maintenance. The ticket has to be purchased at the counter only. Online Booking is not available for these tickets.