Darjeeling tiger hill, Route, Best Time to Visit, Images
Distance From Darjeeling Town: 11 Km.
Journey Time: 60 mins from Darjeeling Town.
Altitude: 8482 ft
|Season||Best Time to Start for Sunrise|
Best Time to visit: Feb Last week to Apr Last Week.
Vehicle Entry fee: Rs.10
Tourists flow is high from Dec till May month. Dec, Jan and Holidays will be high.
Sky will be clear during Mar, Apr, Oct and Nov (first week).
Sunrise Time: 6:05 am – 6:25 am.
Darjeeling tiger hill Major Attractions
- Sunrise Point. Sur rises behind Kanchenjunga peaks.
- Kanchenjunga Snow Peaks changes its colour during Sunrise.
- Mount Everest View
Hundreds of Tourists gather at this point to view the breathtaking sunrise view.
Observatory Tower Charges
|Location||Ticket Cost/ person|
Observatory tower remains closed after tourists exit.
Majority of the tourists sit outside for the good view.
Cab Fare from Darjeeling Town to Tiger Hill
Cost: Rs.1000 for 4 persons.
Other interesting Points while on the way: Batasia Loop and Samten Choling Monastery.
- Not advisable for Children under 3 years.
- Advisable to carry woollen clothes.
- Not advisable for tourists suffering from Pneumonia as the weather will be cold.
- Start early otherwise hard to find parking space near the entrance.
Reference Link: details