Chilkur Balaji Temple History, Timings, Darshan and Route info
As per the folklore, An ardent devotee by name Gunnala Madhava Reddy of Lord Venkateswara used to visit Tirupati every year. It happened once, that he was not able to travel to Tirupati due to health reason. He prayed to Lord Venkateswara for his inability. Lord Venkateswara appeared in his dream and revealed his whereabouts.
Next day, the devotee went inside the forest as instructed by the Lord. He started digging anthill in search of the Idol. The Crowbar struck an idol and blood oozing out of the anthill. The poured milk on the anthill as advised by the voice from the Sky. The devotee unearthed the Idol of Lord Venkateswara along with Sridevi and Bhudevi. This is Self-manifested Ekasila Idol is unique within which Sri Venkateswara Swamy resides with his Consorts Sridevi and Bhudevi.
The idol was installed as per Agama Sastra in Chilkur Village. This temple is of 500 years and was built by Akkanna and Madanna, maternal uncles of Bhakta Ramadas.
Chilkur balaji temple Darshan
- Darshan Entry fees: Free entry for all
- It is said that one must have Darshan with open eyes. Not to close during Main deity Darshan.
- Annual Brahmotsavam starts on Chaitra Suddha Dasasmi for another 10 days.
It is believed that whoever performs Pradakshinam here will get positive results in the Visa Interview. Hence the deity called by Visa Balaji.
Chilkur Balaji Temple Pradkshinam
- Devotees used to perform 11 Pradakshinam by chanting their wish
- The devotee has to perform 108 Pradakshinam when their wish is fulfilled.
This Pradakshinam was in place from 1982 -83. The temple main priest Gopalakrishna Swamy performed Pradaskhinam when the borewell is drilling. Water came out of the Earth when he completes 11 Pradakshinam.
No Charges for the Pradakshinam.
This Temple remains open on all days.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit
Other Temples within the Complex
- Sri Sundareswara Swamy Temple. This temple dedicated to Lord Siva
- Sri Rajya Lakshmi Amma Varu.
How to reach Mandir?
- The nearest airport is at Hyderabad which is 35 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Secunderabad which is 32 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Mehadipatnam. Bus No#288 D is available.
Reference Link: details