Chilkur Balaji Garuda Prasadam Significance, Distribution date
Prasadam Cost: Free for all devotees.
Prasadam Timings: After offering Prasadam to Garuda. ie. after Dwajarohanam which is on the Ekadasi day. Timings changes with the Brahmotsavam calendar.
Prasadam Distribution Location: At Dwajasthambham.
On the day of Dwajarohanam, Garuda Prasadam will be distributed to the devotees. Lord Balaji will be called by Santha Balaji on this special day. Naivedyam will be offered to the devotees as Garuda Prasadam.
The devotees will perform 11 Pradakshinam before having Prasadam. This Prasadam will be distributed on the first of Brahmotsavam ie on Ekadasi day. The devotee will perform 108 Pradaskhinam when their wish is fulfilled.
Chilkur Balaji Garuda Prasadam 2021 Date: 22Apr, 9:00 am onwards
Around 4000 to 5000 female devotees will have this Prasadam. Female devotees will have this Prasadam. Special arrangements will be made on Garuda Prasadam day. It might take 2 to 3 hours waiting time.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Darshan Duration: 25 to 35 mins during weekdays. 45 to 60 mins during weekends.
Chilkur Balaji Garuda Prasadam day
Chilkur Balaji Brahmotsavam will commence on Chaitra Shukla Dasami. It is a 7 days Annual festival with Ankurarpanam on the First day evening hours. Brahmotsavam Ends on Chaitra Bahula Vidiya with Dwaja Avarohanam. Dwajarohanam will be performed on Chaitra Shukla Ekadasi day ie on the 2nd day of the Brahmotsavam in the Morning Hours. Garuda Prasadam will be distributed right after Dwajarohanam.
- On the Second day, Dwajarohanam will be performed in the morning hours followed by Garuda Prasadam distribution to the childless couple.
- On the second day, Sesha Vahanam in the Evening Hours.
Chilkur Balaji Garuda Prasadam Benefits
- It is believed that the childless couple will be blessed with a baby after having the Prasadam.
- It is said that the couple will be blessed a healthy baby.
Instructions to the devotees
- It is advisable to take a head bath on this special day.
- Not to consume Non-veg for 3 days prior to the Garuda Prasadam day.
- It is advisable to the devotee not to consume Non-Veg for 3 days after having Garuda Prasadam.
How to reach Chilkur Balaji Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Hyderabad which is 28 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Secunderabad which is 31 Km away. Kacheguda station is 29.5 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Hyderabad and Secunderabad bus station.