Bhagavatha Sapthaham in Tirumala, Procedure and Entry Pass
Total No.of Days: 9 Days
Bhagavatha Parayanam will be performed for 7 days.
Daily Program: 6 hours. 3 hours in the morning and 3 hours in the evening hours.
Location: Tirumala Mutt Halls
What is the Bhagavatha Sapthaham?
Srimad Bhagavatha Parayanam will be performed for 7 days, which is called Sapthaha Yajna. Sage Narada requested Rishi Vyasa to enlighten this world by giving Bhagavatam. Sage Vyasa passed on his Bhagavatha knowledge to his son Suka Bramha rishi.
As per the legend, King Parikshit was cursed by a sage Shamika’s son Sringi, that he would die within a week by a snake bite. The King requested Sage Sukabrahma to recite the Bhagavatham until his death.
Why is the Bhagavatham recited for 7 days?
It is the Sage Narada who advised his disciple Dhruva to repeat the Maha Mantra ”Dwãdasãkshari'” for seven days at Madhuvanam, on the banks of River Yamuna. He advised his disciple to chant Mantra for 7 days. It is made as to the rule of 7 days for chanting Mantras. Srimad Bhagavatam is also performed as ‘Sapthaham’ (reading for 7 days).
Bhagavatha Sapthaham in Tirumala
- This Program will be performed for a group of devotees.
- The room will be allotted on Twin/ Triple occupancy basis
- Morning Breakfast, Lunch, Evening Snacks and Night Dinner will be served
- One Guru Ji will run thru the Complete Bhagavatham for 7 days.
- 1st day the devotees will be relaxed after a long journey
- 2nd to 8th day will be Bhagavatha Parayanam
- 9th day, the devotees can visit nearby places.
- Ac or Non-Ac rooms are subjected to availability for the stay.
For more details, Please call @ 701 303 3309
Please note that Bhagavatha Sapthaham will be performed when the group count reaches 50 and above.