Bamleshwari Temple Dongargarh, History, Timings, Rout
As per the folklore, Around 2,500 years ago King Veersen couple was childless for many years. The couple used to worship Goddess Durga and Lord Siva with devotion. They were blessed with a son who named him as Kamasen. The king built the temple to express his devotion for the Goddess Bamleshwari.
It is said that Goddess Bamleshwari is the Goddess of the King Vikramaditya of Ujjain. A huge war took place between King Vikramaditya and King Kamasen due to love been Kaamkandala and Maadhavnal. King Vikramaditya worshipped the deity and brought Kaamkandala and Maadhavnal live back. He also requested the Goddess Bagulamukhi Devi to self-manifest in this city. The Goddess now called by Bamleshwari Devi.
Temple can be reached by Steps and Ropeway. Temple will be thronged with devotees during Navaratri and Rama Navami days.
Temple is located on a hilltop and 1600 ft above the sea level. It is 1100 steps walk to reach the temple. It is free Darshan for the devotees. Goddess Bamleshwari is one of the forms of Goddess Durga. Akhanda Jyoti Kalashas will be lit during Navaratri days.
Bamleshwari Temple Timings
During Weekdays: 4:00 am – 12:00 pm
During Weekends: 5:00 am – 10:00 pm
- Choti Bamleshwari is down the hill and 0.5 km to the main temple.
- Hawan Kund
- Lord Siva temple which falls on the way to Badi Bamleshwari Temple
- Hanuman Temple near Choti Bamleshwari Temple
How to reach Bamleshwari Temple?
- The nearest airport is at Raipur which is 119 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Raipur which is 98 km away. Bilaspur is 200 km away.
- The direct bus is available from Raipur and Bilaspur to the temple. Temple is 40 km state capital Rajnandgaon.