Araku By Road, Interesting Places, Food, Stay and Route information
Tourists Araku By Road
- Reach Araku by Train then hire cab/jeep in Araku to visit places. Train Journey is preferable during Winter and Rainy seasons.
- Next option, Hire Cab and Start from Vizag by 6 am so that important places can be covered in a day.
- Places that can be covered in a day are Borra Caves, Katiki Falls, Tribal Museum, Padmapuram gardens, Chaparai and Coffee Plantations. Ananthagiri Waterfalls or Katikifalls, either can be covered in a day.
- It is 3 hours drive from Vizag to Araku by Car.
- Tourists can stay at Mayuri Hill Resort or Haritha Valley Resort which are close to Araku Railway station. AP Tourism resorts follows standard Check-in and Check-out Timings: 10 am – 10 am.
- Tourists can reach Araku by Bus, First bus starts at 5 am from Vizag. Bus frequency is 45 mins from Vizag to Araku. It takes 3 hours 30 mins -4 hours by Bus.
Route map and places that fall on Vizag to Araku to Paderu
- Visakhapatnam to NAD Junction located on NH5
- NAD Junction to Pendurthi
- Pendurthi to Kothavalasa
- Kothavalasa to Tathipudi Junction – Thatipudi Reservoir which is
- Thatipudi Junction to TYDA (Jungle Bells for trekking and bird watching)
- TYDA to Borra Caves Junction
- Borra Caves Junction to Borra Caves
- Borra Caves to Katiki Falls – From Borra caves, Half of the path can be covered by jeep / Car /two-wheeler. Other half is by walk to the falls which is 1.5 – 2 km from the Railway track.
- Katiki Falls to Borra Caves Junction
- Borra Caves Junction to Ananthagiri – Ananthagiri Resorts for the stay.
- Ananthagiri to Araku
- Araku to Chaparai waterfalls is on the way to Paderu. Coffee plantations are another interesting view near Paderu.
For more details, Please call @ 85000 85151
Araku By Road: History