Tirumala Hair Offering Places, Timings and Booking Procedure
Ticket cost: Free for all devotees
Age limit: No age limit for hair offering
Duration: 10 to 15 mins max.
Hair offering is performed on all days. It is available even on Tuesday’s as all days are holy in Tirumala.
Tirumala Hair Offering Places
|Kalyanakatta||Open for 24 hours|
|Mini Kalyanakatta||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Nandakkam||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|PAC I and PAC II||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Kousthubham||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|GNC||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Rambagicha||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Panchajanyam||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
|Sri Padmavathi Guesthouse||6.00 am to 6.00 pm|
Hair offering (Mundan/ Gundu/ Mudi Kanike) Procedure in Tirumala
- A free ticket will be issued at the counter.
- Ticket along with blade will be provided free of cost
- The ticket must be handed over to the Barber inside
- Some devotees perform Moodu Katterlu (3 cuts) and some will offer complete hair
- The person should wet his/ her hair before sitting at Barber
- It usually takes 5 to 10 mins for complete head shaving
- Separate bathing facility is available at Kousthubham and Nandakam.
Baby or Infant Hair offering (Puttu Ventrukalu) for the first time
- Ticket is mandatory for the baby as well
- Without a ticket, the barber will not perform the head shave
- The Baby’s Maternal uncle usually hold the baby in his lap.
- In the case of the Maternal uncle’s absence, Father can perform the activity.
- The barber will hold the baby’s head so that baby will not get hurt
- It usually takes 15 to 20 mins, which depends on the baby’s co-operation.
- Usually, the baby cries a lot, please make sure that you don’t release your hand.
- The Baby’s first three hair cut will be performed by the Maternal uncle, Mother, Grandfather or Grandmother.
- Followed by the Barber’s head shave.
Please make sure that head shave or Hair offering is performed before Darshan.