The powerful and magnificent Sri Sudarshana Homam is made up of numerous Vedic mantras
Removal of all opponents is the goal of Maha Sudarsana Homam. Aside from preventing accidents, human needs are countless and complex. They may experience a great deal of suffering. In rare cases, it could lead to fatal illnesses. It cannot be said that there are human remedies for every sickness and misery that happens to humanity. Numerous things exist that are outside of the control of humanity’s efforts. The ancient sages looked for divine intervention in these areas. Here’s where the mantras come in handy:. The sages employed mantras as instruments for removing suffering from the world. Mystic syllables are known as “mantaram trayate iti mantra” and release the person who chants from illness. The mantra Sudharsana is one of the most important ones in the Vaishnava agamas. One of the Lord’s most important tools for destroying evil forces is the Sudharsana Chakra, also known as the Maha Vishnu divine disk.
Homam Dress code
- Gents: dhoti (white) and shirt or kurta and pyjama.
- Ladies: Saree or Salwar Kameez (with Pallu Compulsory).
- All devotees are requested not to wear clothes such as T-shirts, jeans, etc., as the same is strictly prohibited irrespective of any age group.
Sudarshana Homam Procedure
- Seeking blessings from elders and purohits.
- Ganapati puja is performed to remove all obstructions.
- MahaSankalpam is a prayer that asks about God’s requirements or the meaning of the homa, stating Gothra and Nama.
- Punyaha Vachanam, or the Purification Ritual, is a pre-ceremony ritual that involves chanting mantras to purify the body, surroundings, and pooja materials. Following the recitation of the mantras, purified water is sprayed over all participants and objects.
- Kalasha-Sthapana and Pranapratishta: one can invoke or call upon the god Ganapathi and other deities.
- Kalpoktha Shodashopacharpooja: (16 Different Ways to Worship the Deity)
- Offering flowers or kumkum, while chanting the names of the gods is known as Ashtothara or Sahasranama Archana.
- Kalasha Japa: Reciting Vedic Sukthas and Moola Mantras.
- Sudarshana Homam: Offering the Homam with ghee, Samit, Annam, and other Homa ingredients.
- MahaNaivedyam: offering Prasadam, fruits, and other consumables to the divine
- Mangala Aarti
- Kalasha Abhisheka or Prokshanam: (Providing a Divine bath with mantra-purified Kalasha water, or sprinkling all those who participate in it with Vedic mantras chanted.)
- Asheervadam (chanting the Asheervada Mantras to receive the blessings of elders and Veda pandits)
- Prasada Teertha (Water from the Pooja Kalash is offered for Teertha)
- Prasadam Distribution (Items from Naivedya are distributed)
Sudarshana Homam Benefits
- Protection from Negative Forces: Lord Sudarshana is a strong deity who can shield worshippers from bad spirits, black magic, and negative energies. One can strengthen their spirituality and ward off bad influences in their life.
- Overcoming Difficulties: Maha Sudarshana Homam may help devotees overcome a range of difficulties and roadblocks in life. It can also increase one’s chances of success and bestow wealth and luck upon them.
- Sins are Removed: It is stated that this Homam successfully removes the effects of past sins and bad karma. It provides comfort to people who are experiencing regret, guilt, or sadness.
- Healing Abilities: Maha Sudarshana Homam encourages mental, emotional, and physical recovery. It is thought to treat a variety of illnesses and offer respite from symptoms.
- General Well-Being: One can achieve mental balance, tranquility, and peace by completing this Homam. It helps one achieve a calm and peaceful life and heightens one’s spiritual consciousness
Sudarshana Homam Moola Mantra
Om Sreem Hreem Kleem Krishnaaya
Govindhaaya Gopee Janavallabhaaya,
Paraaya Paramapurushaaya Paramaathmaney
Yantra Thanthra Oushadha
Asthra Sasthraani Samhara Samhara!
Mruthyohr Mohsaya Mohsaya!!
Om Namoh Bagawathey
Dheepthray Jwaalaa Pareethaaya
Sarvadhik Shobana Haraaya
Paranj Jyothishay Swaahaa!
What mantras are chanted on the occasion of Sudarshana Homam?
- Mantras for Sudarshana Gayathri Manthra, and Sudarshana Moola Mantra
- Narasimha Sudarshana Mantra
- Mantra for Sudarshana Astra
- Vishnu Suktha
- Chanting 1000 names of Vishnu (Vishnu Sahasra Nama)
- Chanting 108 names of Sudarshana
- Purusha Suktha
Sudarshana Homam Pooja’s articles
|Sandal powder or paste
|1 small bottle
|Two different Prasadams
|Kalasam, Rosewater, Gangajalam, and Navaratnas
|Mix of Dry Fruits
|New Bed Sheet
|1 Small Bottle
Good dates for Sudarshana Homam
- This homam can be performed both during the day and at night.
- The auspicious days for the new housewarming function are Purnima, Ekadashi, and Dwadashi
- The day will be chosen based on your Tarabala, which indicates the best days for your Janma Nakshatra.
For more details, please call or WhatsApp 701-303-3309