Reddamma Temple at Gurram Konda is boon giving Goddess for Childless Couples. Couples who are blessed with the child will prefix the child’s name with Goddess name
Reddamma temple Legends
As per the Legends, there lived a couple of Rami Reddy and Nagamma in the village Ellam Palli near Gurram Konda who does farming for their livelihood. They were blessed with 2 sons and 1 daughter. Younger Daughter was beautiful and called by the name Reddamma. One day while Redamma was guarding the fields, The Nawab of the region saw this beautiful girl and ordered his staff to bring her. Frightened Reddamma tried a lot to escape from the soldiers and prayed for Lord Siva and Goddess Parvathi to rescue her. A bright light then appeared in the sky and the hill got the crack which absorbed soldiers and Reddamma. One soldier who saw this incident reported this to the Nawab and they left the place.
Rami Reddy and Nagamma were worried as their child did not return from the fields. Reddamma appeared in the dreams of the Nagamma and revealed her whereabouts. As instructed, next day morning the whole village reached the hill and saw the goddess who manifested herself near to the hill.
Reddamma Temple Timings
- All days, 6:00 am – 7:00 pm
Steps to be followed by couples
- One should visit Thotli Vari Palli which is near to Cherlopalli Village.
- Reddamma’s clan is offering Ayurvedic medicine, which they are practising this for 200 years. Medicine will be distributed on Sundays at 6:30 am
- A woman has to take this medicine for 3 Sundays continuously.
- On the 3rd week, she has to visit Reddamma Temple after taking a bath at Temple Tank available at the temple premises.
- One should purchase coconut and a piece of cloth which is available there on the premises. Prostrate before the goddess and express your wish.
- It is believed that the goddess will appear in the dreams of the devotee and grants their wish.
- After this dream, one should tie Mudupu (placing a stone on the cloth) to a branch of the banyan tree.
- Then she needs to enter the temple and handover the coconut and other pooja materials.
- Repeat this pooja for 3 continuous Sundays.
How to reach Reddamma temple?
- Nearest Airport is at Tirupati, which is 127 km away
- Kadapa is 86 km away, Mumbai to Chennai Railway goes via Kadapa station.
- Gurram Konda is easily reachable from Madanapalle. Madanapalle is well connected with all parts of Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu.
Reddamma temple Gallery
Reference Link: Temple History
Hello Sir, Please let me know if both husband and wife must come to visit the temple or can only wife come and do Amma mokku. Also let me know if we need to visit 3 continuous Sundays. What if we miss 1 Sunday. Kindly advise.
There is particular procedure to be followed all Sundays has to be attended.