Sri Prasanna Varadaraja Swamy Lakshmipuram Kuppam History
Lakshmipuram gained the popular after the arrival of Sriman Chakravarthy Varadacharya Swamy from Sri Mushanam in South Arcot District, who is believed to have found this temple in the village about 1000 years ago. The Swamy is believed to have originally installed the idol of Lord Sri Lakshmi Narayana Swamy in the temple, and then village came to known as Lakshmipuram.
The idol of Moolavirat which is now installed in the temple was found abandoned on the outskirts of Gudipalli, a railway station between Jolarpetai and Bangalore, which is about 7 miles from Lakshmipuram.
Once Sriman Lakshminarayachar Swamy of the village had the vision of the deity in his dreams and while he was upon a visit to Gudipalli on a shiny day, he wanted to verify the reality of his dream. To his great surprise, he found the same idol which he had in his dreams in the abandoned mandapam. Later the idol was brought to the village of Lakshmipuram and installed as per Agama Sastra rituals.
The former idol of Sri Lakshmi Narayana Swamy had broken-and is deposited in the temple Pushkarini. So new idol is installed here.
How to reach Temple?
3 km from Kuppam Railway Station.
To reach Kuppam, lot many trains are running from Tirupati, Bangalore and Chennai