Nelapattu bird sanctuary
Nelapattu bird sanctuary, Timings, Season, Images and Videos
Birds from distance places reach Nelapattu for their reproduction. Usually, birds inflow starts from the month of October. Birds used to feed on Pulicat Lake and build their nests at Nelapattu. In the year 1976, Pulicat Wildlife department established bird sanctuary at Nelapattu . It is said that 30 variety of birds, which are in thousands stays at Nelapattu from Oct- Apr and leaves the place after reproduction. Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary covers an area of 458.92 Hectare. Birds from Nigeria, Bangladesh, Burma, Pakistan are mainly seen here. Bird used to feed on Pulicat which is 20 km from Nelapattu.
Nelapattu Bird’s Reproduction Cycle
Birds reach Nelapattu during Oct/Nov months and build their nests on the trees.
During Nov/Dec months, birds lay and incubate their eggs
Egg Hatching season Dec/Jan months.
Birds feed their chicks during the months of Jan/Feb/Mar and Apr months and leave Nelappatu at the end of Apr,
Best Time to Visit: Oct to Mar is the best period of Nature lovers.
Bird Sanctuary Opening Timings: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm and is Daily.
Birds show will be played daily at the theater inside Sanctuary.Show runs from 10 am to 5 pm with 1 hour gap.
Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary Entry Fees
|4||Bus/Lorry and other heavy motor vehicles||Rs.100|
Birds found in Nelapattu bird sanctuary
Recent statistics from Nelapattu
|2||Open Billed Storck’s||1245|
How to reach Nelapattu Bird Sanctuary?
- The nearest airport is at Tirupati which is 67 km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Naidupeta and Sullurpeta which is 13 km away. Gudur is 41 km away.
- From Sullurpeta/Naidupeta -> Doravari Satram -> Mylamgam
- Bird Sanctuary is 3 km from Doravari Satram, which falls on the route Doravari Satram -> Maylamgam.
- Sullurpeta is easily reachable from Tirupati Bus station, Gudur Bus station.
Nelapattu bird sanctuary Gallery
Nelapattu bird sanctuary Video
Reference Link: Link