Nahargarh Fort History, Timings, Entry fees, Route info
This fort was built on the hills of Aravalli during the reign of the king Sawai Jai Sing II. It is said that Rathore Prince Spirit obstructed the construction. That the spirit destroys the construction built in the morning hours. A temple was built and dedicated to prince Nahar Singh to pacify the spirit. This fort was renovated in 1868 by Sawai Ram Singh.
Nahargarh Fort Entry fees
|S.No||Entry for||Ticket Cost|
|1||Indian Adult (Above 7 years)||Rs.20|
|2||Indian Student with Valid ID Card||Rs.5|
|3||Foreign Adult (Above 7 years)||Rs.50|
|4||Foreign Student with Valid ID Card||Rs.25|
Commercial Photography and Camera with Stand need special permission from the department
Nahargarh Fort Timings
10:00 am – 5:30 pm. Daily.
Best Time to visit: Oct-Feb
Tourists flow will be high during Nov, Dec, Jan and Feb months.
Night entry is not available. One must leave the fort before sunset for safety reasons.
Nearby Tourist Attractions
- City Palace: 3.5 km by walk.
- Hawa Mahal: 3.9 Km by walk
- Jalmahal: 10 Km by Vehicle.
- Jaigarh Fort: 6.3 Km by Vehicle
- Amer Fort: 11 Km by Vehicle.
- Jantar Mantar: 2.7 Km away.
How to reach Nahargarh Fort?
- The nearest airport is at Jaipur which is 30 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Jaipur which is 29 Km away.
- Taxi is available from Bus and Railway station to the fort.
Reference Link: details