Nagalapuram Surya Pooja 2020 Date and Timings, Darshan details
As per the Legend, Lord Maha Vishnu fought immensely with Somakasura for a very long period. Lord Vishnu was had relief by Surya with his sun rays, which is celebrated as Surya Pujotsavam.
During the festival, the sun rays pass thru the Gopuram and touch Lord’s Holy feet, stomach and the crown which is about 630 feet away. On the first day, Sunrays touch Lord Veda Narayana Swamy Holy feet, Stomach on the second day and the Crown on the third day.
On all three days, Snapana Tirumanjanam will be performed to the processional deities of Swami and his consorts. After Surya darshan, Lord will be taken out in a procession.
Darshan Duration: 30 to 40 mins.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit.
Ticket cost: Free entry for all devotees. As this event happens in the morning hours, the crowd will be high.
Nagalapuram Surya Pooja 2020 Date
- Surya Pooja Dates: 23Mar to 27Mar 2020.
- Grand five-day Teppotsavam at the local temple from March 23.
- Matsya Jayanthi on 27Mar
- On the occasion of Matsya jayanti, shanti homam, Snapana thirumanjanam and Garuda vahana seva will be performed on 27Mar.
How to reach Nagalapuram Temple?
- The direct bus is available from Tirupati and Chennai
- It takes 1 hour 30 mins to 2 hours from Tirupati to Nagalapuram
- Any bus from Tirupati to Chennai via Narayanavanam will pass by Nagalapuram.
- The nearest Railway station is at Puttur which is 45 mins from the temple.
- The nearest airport is at Tirupati which is 79 Km away.