Mysore Zoo Timings, Entry fees
The zoo park is 3 km from Mysore bus station and is beside Chamundi Hills. This Zoological park can be reached from Mysore Palace which is 2 km away. It houses carnivorous, herbivorous, reptiles and birds from different parts of the world. Visitors can reach Zoo Park from Mysore Palace by Horse Carts which are readily available at the entrance.
Mysore Zoo History
- 1892: Established by the Mysore King Chamarajendra Wadiyar Bahadur. It was then called by Khasa Bangle or Private Bungalow. Occupies 10.3 acres of land.
- 1909: Name changed from Khasa Bangle to Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens in 1909.
- 1948: The Zoological Park came under the control of the horticulture department
- 1979: The zoo authority transformed into Karnataka State government.
- Current Zoo stretches over 80 acres of land.
Mysore Zoo Entry Timings
|Monday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wednesday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Day||Adult Ticket cost
(Above 12 years)
|Child Ticket cost
( 5 – 12 years)
Photography and Videography Charges
|Entry for||Ticket cost|
|Photography with Still Camera||Rs.20|
For more details, Please Call @ +91 85000 85151
How to reach Mysore Zoo?
- The nearest airport is at Mangalore which is 109 km away. Bangalore airport is 173 km away.
- The direct train is available from all parts of Karnataka state to Mysore. Trains run with high frequency from Bangalore to Mysore.
- Mysore is well connected with all parts of the state and neighbouring states.
Mysore Zoo Images
Reference Link: History