Mysore Zoo Timings, Entry fees
The zoo park is 3 km from Mysore bus station and is beside Chamundi Hills. This Zoological park can be reached from Mysore Palace which is 2 km away. It house carnivorous, herbivorous, reptiles and birds from different parts of the world. Visitors can reach Zoo Park from Mysore Palace by Horse Carts which are readily available at the entrance.
- 1892: Established by the Mysore King Chamarajendra Wadiyar Bahadur. It was then called by Khasa Bangle or Private Bungalow. Occupies 10.3 acres of land.
- 1909: Name changed from Khasa Bangle to Sri Chamarajendra Zoological Gardens in 1909.
- 1948: The Zoological Park came under the control of horticulture department
- 1979: The zoo authority transformed to Karnataka State government.
- Current Zoo stretches over 80 acres of land.
Mysore Zoo Entry Timings
|Monday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Wedesday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Thursday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Friday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Saturday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
|Sunday||8:30 am – 5:30 pm|
Mysore Zoo entry fees
|Day||Adult Ticket cost
(Above 12 years)
|Child Ticket cost
( 5 – 12 years)
Photography and Videography Charges
|Entry for||Ticket cost|
|Photography with Still Camera||Rs.20|
For Local Tour Packages, Please Call @ +91 85000 85151
How to reach Mysore Zoo?
- The nearest airport is at Mangalore which is 109 km away. Bangalore airport is 173 km away.
- The direct train is available from all parts of Karnataka state to Mysore. Trains run with high frequency from Bangalore to Mysore.
- Mysore is well connected with all parts of the state and neighbouring states.
Mysore Zoo Images
Reference Link: History