Mahabalipuram Shore Temple, Entry fee, Timings, Route info
Best Time to Visit: Sep-Mar 1st week.
Mahabalipuram Panchayat Entry fees
|Vehicle Type||Entry Fees|
Ticket Valid Till 12:00 am.
Visiting Hours: Sunrise to Sunset. Daily. ie. 6:30 am – 6:00 pm.
Places to visit in Mahabalipuram
- Mahabalipuram Shore Temple
- Five Rathas
- Arjuna’s penance
- Arjuna’s Ratha
- Bhima’s Ratha
- Dharmaraja’s Ratha
- Dharmaraja’s rock-cut throne.
- Dolotsava Mandapam
- Draupadi’s Rath
- Lion, Elephant and Bull’s Huge stone figures.
- Ishwara Temple
- Kottikal Mandapa
- Krishna Mandapa
- Krishna’s butterball
- Mahishamardini rock-cut mandapa
- Rock-cut Ganesha temple
- Rock-cut Varaha Temple
- Sahadeva’s Rath
- Arjuna’s Penance
- Shore Temple
- Five Rathas.
Mahabalipuram Shore Temple and other Monuments Entry fee
|Entry for||Ticket Cost per person|
|Mobile Camera||No fee|
|Indian Child under 15 years||No fee|
|Video filming without stand||Rs.25|
One time ticket purchase for a group of monuments. Ticket purchased at any counter can be used at remaining entry points.
Mahabalipuram Vehicle Parking Details
Free parking space available at all entry points.
Arjuna Penance and Rock-cut mandapa will take 30 – 45 mins.
Five Rathas will take 30 -40 mins. Mahabalipuram Shore temple might take 30 mins.
It takes 1 hour 15 mins by drive from Chennai. The direct bus is available from Chennai to Mamallapuram.
How to reach Mahabalipuram Shore?
- The nearest airport is at Chennai which is 55 Km away.
- The nearest railway station is at Chennai which is 59 Km away.
- Local trains run from Park Town to Tidel Park
- From Tidel park, it is by bus to Mamallapuram
- The direct bus is available from Chennai and Puducherry stations.