Madurai Meenakshi temple timings Today, Darshan details
Ticket cost: Free entry for all devotees.
Dress Code: Any decent outfit
Only Hindu devotees can have Darshan. Foreigners can watch the temple architecture
Darshan duration usually takes 30 – 40 mins during weekdays. 45 mins to 60 mins on Sat, Sun and Public holidays.
Special Darshan ticket cost: Rs.200 per person. Darshan duration: 20 – 30 mins during weekends and 15 – 20 mins during weekdays.
Madurai Meenakshi temple timings
- Temple opening time: 4:30 am
- Malai Pooja: 4:30 am to 5:15 am
- Thiruvanandal Pooja: 5:00 am to 6:00 am
- Darshan: 6:00 am to 6:30 am.
- Vizha Pooja/ Kalasandhi Pooja: 6:30 am to 7:15 am
- Darshan: 7:15 am to 10:30 am.
- Thrikalasandhi Pooja/ Uchikala Pooja: 10:30 am to 11:15 am
- Darshan: 11:15 am to 12:30 pm
- Temple closing hours: 12:30 pm to 4:00 pm
- Temple reopens: 4:00 pm
- Darshan: 4:00 pm to 4:30 pm
- Malai Pooja: 4:30 pm to 5:15 pm
- Darshan: 5:15 pm to 7:30 pm
- Ardhajama Pooja: 7:30 pm to 8:15 pm
- Darshan: 8:15 pm to 9:30 pm
- Palliarai Pooja: 9:30 pm to 10:00 pm
- Temple closing Hours: 10;00 pm
The above-mentioned timings might change on festival days.
Madurai Meenakshi Darshan Procedure
- The devotee should enter from East Gopuram.
- Must take a holy dip in Lotus Pond.
- Wear dry clothes and enter the Mandapam to worship Amman.
Madurai Meenakshi temple timings for Infants, Physically challenged and Senior Citizens
Senior Citizens and Infants can have Entry thru Special Entry Darshan line. Tickets charges may be applied at the entry point.
The crowd will be high on Navaratri festival days, Karthika Month, Tamil Newyear and other major festival days.