Little Rann Of Kutch Safari, Timings, Online Booking, Cost, Best Time to visit.
In the year 1972, this area was declared as the wildlife sanctuary. The wildlife sanctuary stretches over an area of 4954 Sq. Km and is the biggest sanctuary in India. Wild Ass, Nilgai, Indian Gazal, Fox etc.
This is the only place in India where Flamingos build nest and breed.
Best Time for other animal Sightings: Oct-Mar.
Peak Season: Nov, Dec, Jan, Mar, Apr months.
Bird Watching Points
Best Time for Birds: Nov- Jan.
|Entry Point||Commonly seen Birds|
|Bajana||Greater Flamingo, Lesser Flamingo, Grey Pelican, Dalmatian Pelican, Painted stork, Dunlin, Spoonbill, Common Pochard, Northern Pintail etc|
|Madapol Gate, Jhinjhuvada||Black Drongo, Southern Grey Shrike, Long-billed Pipit, Chestnut-bellied Sandgrouse, Indian courser, Cream-coloured courser, Greater Hoopoe Lark, Indian bush lark, Blue-cheeked Bee-eater, European roller, Spotted flycatcher, Red-backed Shrike, Rufous-tailed scrub robin, Bushchat, Red Collared dove, Pied Cuckoo, Rufous-tailed Shrike, Grey Francolin, Indian Bustard, Eagle, Egyptian Vulture, Falcon, Common teal, Shikra etc|
- Horseback Safari: Is provided by private operators. Little horse riding experience is required for this safari.
- Jeep Safari: Advisable to go with a tour guide. Own vehicles are allowed inside. Without a tour guide, it is not easy to explore the place. Forest department is not providing any vehicles for the safari. For more details, please call @ +91 93 93 93 9150.
Interesting Places nearby
- White Rann
- Black Hills
- Mandvi sea
- Banni Grasslands
- Kutch Bustard Sanctuary
- Chari Dhand Wetland Reserve
- Mandvi Vijay villas palace
- Bhuj Swaminarayan Mandir
- Narayan Sarovar
How to reach Little Rann Of Kutch?
- The nearest airport is at Ahmedabad which is 160 Km away
- The nearest railway station is at Dhrangadhra which is 45 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from major cities to Dhrangadhra.
Reference Link: details