Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple
Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple Kanchipuram located near to Bus station and Railway station.
Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple Legends
As per the mythology, Lord Muruga imprisoned Lord Brahma for His ignorance towards Pranava Mantra Om and assumed the role of the Brahma (Creator). Lord Muruga manifested here as a Brahma Shasta (means creator), holding Rudraksha beads and Kamandalam.
Lord Muruga, later repented for rejecting his father Lord Siva’s command in releasing Brahma and did penance here by installing Siva Linga. This Siva Linga is called by Devasenapatisar, which means God worshiped by the Deva’s commander-in-chief.
This is the place, where the great scholar and poet, Kachiappa Shivacharya composed Kandapuranam in praising Lord Muruga.
Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple History
This temple was built by pallava kings during 9th Century C.E. Other dyansties Cholas, Vijayanagara Kings contributed their part in rebuilding this temple. The temple in it’s present form was built in 1915.
Kandapurana Arangetra mantap which is there in the temple compound attracts peacocks.
Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple Poojas
Skanda Shasti festival which is next day to Diwali will be celebrated in a grand.
Another important Vaisaka festival which will be celebrated during the months of Apr/May (Depends on Hindu Calendar)
Tuesday’s and Krittika star day is auspicious for Lord Muruga.
Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 5:00 am – 12:00 pm
Evening Hours: 4:30 pm – 8:30 pm
Kumarakottam Subramanya Pooja , Abhishekam Timings
Morning Hours: 5:30 am , 8:30 am, 10:30 am
Evening Hours: 5:30 pm
How to reach Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple ?
- Temple is 108 km from Tirupati. Direct bus to Kanchi is available from Tirupati Central bus station.
- Temple is 1 km from Kanchipuram bus station and 1 km from Railway station.
Other Temples near Kumarakotta Temples?
- Ekambareswarar Temple is at a walk able distance
- Kailasanathar temple is 1.9 km away
- Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple is 2.8 km away
- Sri Varadaraja Perumal Temple is 4.7 km away
- Ulagalantha Temple is at a walk able distance.
- Karchapeswarar temple is at a walk able distance.
Kumarakottam Subramanya Temple Kanchipuram
Reference Link: Temple History