Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Ticket Cost: Rs.3092
Sarpa Samskara Pooja Timings
- Day 1 Pooja Timings: 8:30 am – 12:00 pm
- Day 2 Pooja Timings: 6:00 am – 8:00 am
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Booking
Tickets can be booked 3 months in advance.
On arrival, tickets are subjected to availability.
The ticket should be booked online in advance.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja days
During the months of Sravana Masam, Karthika Masam, Margashira Masam will be more effective for this pooja.
Please check the calendar before planning for this pooja.
Pooja not performed on Dashami, Ekadasi, Gokulastami, Shivarathri, Grahana (Eclipse) and during the annual festival for 15 days.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Tickets Direct Booking
Direct tickets available…but it depends on the rush for this pooja and cancellations…I have gone there directly by looking at the unavailability of booking for next 45 days… Visited Dharmasthala on 14th aug…then visited Kukke. In Kukke, it has taken 2 days for me to understand how to get booking for this pooja…there will be few cancellations and postponements exists every day in online bookings..those slots will be filled by the waiting list devotees who give their names in the protocol office room at least one day before. I have given 1 day before. Next day early morning, I reached Sarpa Sanskara Seva counter by 7:45. Then I noticed that they called for online bookings and Brahmins.later started calling the names of the waiting list of devotees(given by means of Kukke priests who perform the pooja or by individuals like me by giving it in protocol office. I have got confirmation around 8:15 am. Here I have faced language issue. Complete info is not available. To figure it out it has taken a lot of effort and 2 days time. Try it directly if you want to do it urgently. But it needs 3 to 4 days and depends on the rush.
Kukke Sarpa Samskara Pooja Dress Code
Men should wear Dhoti
Women should wear Saree or Chudidhar.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja procedure
Day 1 Procedure
- After reaching Kukke and check-in at Hotel.
- Take a holy dip at Kumaradhara river which is 2 km from Main Temple. Auto rickshaw will be available to Kumaradhara river.
- After completing the bath, men should wear Dhoti and then plan to visit Aadi Subramanya Swamy Temple which is 5 mins walk from the main temple.
- Perform 6 Pradakshinams here and then visit Main temple Ticket counter, which is on the left side. The counter will be opened at 9 am.
- On showing Online receipt they will give you the token number and the actual ticket.
- Carry the ticket to Sarpa Samskara Mantap which is right 3 mins walk from the Main temple, in the opposite lane to Aadi Subramanya Swamy Temple.
- Male devotees should remove their shirts. Here at Sarpa Samskara Mantap, all devotees will be divided into 8 groups.
- 8 priests will represent 8 groups. Sankalp will be done by the main priest for that group for each of the devotees.
- After completing Sankalp for the whole group, a separate priest will be allotted for each devotee.
- Now you are allowed to take a seat as defined by the numbers. This Pooja place is already installed with Snake Idol, 2 Snakes made out of wheat flour, one towel and flowers for the pooja.
- Now allotted priest will come to your place to perform this pooja.
- Well before starting the pooja, you need to offer the new towel which is already available to the priest, which he will wear it.
- There will be four Agni Gundam ( a place where Homam will be performed) at the four corners and 4 priests will b performing Homam.
- Priest allotted will take one of the wheat flour snakes and will wrap it in a cloth and drops it in Homa Gundam.
- First-day pooja indicates Dhana Samskaram which means you are performing final rites to the snake which you or your dynasty (family) might have killed knowingly or unknowingly.
- The priest will take the second wheat flour snake with him and drop it some other place.
- This marks the first-day pooja. As this pooja is for final rituals to the snake, you should not enter the main temple and also not to participate in pooja for that day.
- After reaching the room, you can take the bath and relax for the day.
Day 1 Food arrangements
- Whoever participates in this pooja, food will be provided by the temple administration. While leaving Mantap, the priest will let you know the lunch and Dinner Timings.
- Lunch will be available from 1 pm and Dinner from 6 pm.
- Dining Hall is located next to Sarpa Samskara Mantap.
Day 2 Procedure
- The second day, holy dip at Kumaradhara River is optional. If you want to have you need to have a bath at 5 am otherwise you can complete bath at Hotel itself and start to Sarpa Samskara Mantap.
- Do remember that you don’t need to perform Pradakshinam at Aadi Subramanya Swamy Temple as you have participated in the final rites on the first day. Do wear Dhoti for the second day as well.
- Please be there at Sarpa Samskara Mantap by 6 am and pooja continues for 2 hours.
- It is going to be the same pooja place and the same priest for the second day as well.
- There will be Rangoli drawn in the shape of Sanke with 6 wheat flour Pindas (round balls).
- You need to perform 3 Pradakshinam to the snake idol for every Pinda given to the priest.
- Pooja will be completed by giving these round balls to the priest.
- Now you need to take blessing from the main priest. If the devotee is aged then they should offer Namaskar to Homa Gundam.
- There will be 11 Brahmachari (bachelor) brahmins who will be sitting in a row by age wise. You need to take blessings from them while leaving the hall.
- After completing this, you need to perform Go (Cow) Pradakshinam to the two cows, which will be there outside the Mantap.
- After Go Pradakshinam, you can have breakfast at the Dining Hall.
- Nagapratista will be at 12 pm, please be there little early to complete Sankalp at the main temple.
- After Sankalp at the open corridor, you need to find the priest who is available at that moment.
- After Sankalp enter Nagapratista Mantap which is next to Sankalp hall.
- Pooja will be performed to the group of devotees here, after which Prasadam cover will be given to you, which contains coconut, dhoop sticks, and Prasadam. You need to have this Prasadam daily for 12 days, after having a bath and before breakfast.
- For the next 12 days, your food intake should not include garlic, onions, Nonveg.
Dos and Don’t for Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja
- One should not visit any Vishnu Temple on the same day. Head bath is compulsory before visiting any temple
- Not to offer Sastanga Namaskar this temple
- Ladies should not perform during their pregnancy. Should perform after 8 days of the menstrual cycle and also not near to cycle dates, at least 3 days.
Kukke Subramanya Swamy Sarpa Samskara Food habits
- After reaching home, you need to prepare a sweet from these coconuts. Only after eating the sweet made out these coconuts, you can have any type of food.
- Meanwhile, if you want to have outside food, then you need to eat a piece from this coconut before taking any outside food.
- You need to have this Prasadam daily for 12 days, after having a bath and before breakfast.
Kukke Subramanya Sarpa Samskara Pooja Benefits
- Will get relieved from killing Naga Dosha
- For Career growth
- Delay in marriage
- Will be relieved from fertility problem
How to reach Kukke Subramanya Swamy Temple?
- From Bangalore, KSRTC runs direct buses to Kukke. The bus starts around 11 pm and reaches Kukke hill at early hours. Private buses do run to Kukke on a daily basis. Temple 335 Km away.
- From Mangalore, Temple is 183 km, KSRTC direct bus is available.