Idagunji Temple History, Timings, Darshan, Pooja
Idagunji Temple History
As per the Legend, At the end of Dwapara Yuga, Sage Valakhilya along with other Saints thought of performing Yagna for Kaliyuga. Saints encountered hindrances to start the Yagna. Narada guided them to perform Pooja for Vinayaka before starting the Yagna. Narada showed the place in Kunjaranya which is close to Sharavathi River. Narada explained that this is the place where Lord Vishnu, Siva and Brahma performed penance and created Chakratirtha and Brahmatirtha.
Narada requested Lord Ganesh and Trinities to attend this Yagna. Yagna started on time as suggested by Brahma. With the presence of Ganesh, all hindrances were removed. Lord Self-manifested Holding Modak and Flower in his hands.
Idagunji Temple Timings
Morning Hours: 6:00 am – 1:00 pm
Evening Hours: 3:00 pm – 8:30 pm
Temple is heavily crowded during Sankranthi, Ganesh Chaturthi, Vijayadasami and Diwali days.
- Murudeshwar – 16 Km from Temple
- Gokarna – 68 Km from the temple.
- Sharavati River – 33 Km away.
- Ram Thirtha and Laxmana Thirtha
How to reach Idagunji temple?
- The nearest airport is at Mangaluru which is 175 Km away
- The nearest railway station is at Honnavar which is 21 Km away.
- Murudeshwar Railway station is 16 Km away.
- The direct bus is available from Honnavar and Murudeshwar to the temple.
Reference Link: details