Gwalior Sun Temple History, Timings, Darshan, Pooja and Route info
This temple was built in 1988 by the Birla Group and the construction reflects Konark Sun temple. Red stone was used to construct the temple. This temple is dedicated to Sun God. The temple structure reflects Sun Chariot where Seven Horses were riding the chariot. Sundials and the images on the temple walls are the replicas of Konark Temple. It took 4 years to build this temple in lines with Konark temple but this one is small compared to Odisha Konark temple.
Timings: Sunrise to Sunset. Temple remains closed after Sunset (6 pm). Aarti offered in the Sunset around 5 pm. Aarti offered twice in a day ie. morning and evening.
Temple remains open on all days.
Best Time to visit: Oct-May 1st week.
How to reach Gwalior?
- The nearest airport is at Gwalior which is 7 Km away.
- The direct flights are available from major cities to Gwalior.
- The nearest railway station is at Gwalior which is 6 Km away.
- Gwalior station is well connected with major cities.
- Taxi/ Auto can be hired on reaching Gwalior.
Gwalior Sun Temple Images
Reference Link: details