Bikkavolu Subramanya Swamy Temple is dedicated to Lord Subramanya Swamy. Devotees used to visit this temple for Kala Sarpa Dosha and Naga Dosha Nivarana Pooja. In the past, this place was called by Birudamkitta Puram. There was supposed to be a Big tunnel which connects Peddapuram fort and this temple. Britishers used to call this underground tunnel as Big Hole which later turned to be the present Bikkavolu.
Bikkavolu Subramanya Swamy Temple History
This temple was built by the King Gunaga Vijayaditya III of Eastern Chalukyas during 849 – 892 Century AD. The rich carvings on the temple walls and Gopuras resemble the Dravidian architecture. There are 3 other shrines in the temple complex out of which Sri Raja Rajeswari Temple and Sri Chandrasekara were popular. From the inscriptions, it is known that this temple is of 1121 years old. Subramanya Sasti will be celebrated in a grand at this temple. Subramanya Swamy is located within the temple complex of Golingeswara Swamy Temple. The Vehicle of the Lord Subramanya, Peacock stands right in front of the deity.
Bikkavolu Subramanya Swamy Temple Poojas.
Panchamrutha Abhishekam will be performed to the deity on every Tuesday. The five-day annual festival will be celebrated during Subramanya Sasti. As deity here in the temple is facing towards the south so worshipping the deity will reduce the malefic effects from Kuja and Rahu Dosha. Naga Dosha Pooja will be performed here at this temple.
Bikkavolu Subramanya Swamy Temple Timings
- Morning Hours: 6:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Evening Hours: 4:00 pm – 8:00 pm.
- Abhishekam Timings: 6:00 am – 11:00 am (Daily).
- The crowd will be high on Mon and Tue.
Ticket cost: Rs.200 for special abhisheka for one family. Rs.50 for the Samuhika Abhishekam.
2 a/c rooms are available which is of the Trust. Room Tariff: Rs.650 / night.
How to reach Bikkavolu Subramanya Swamy Temple?
- The nearest domestic airport is at Rajahmundry which is 39 km away
- The nearest international airport is at Visakhapatnam which is 173 km away
- The nearest major junction is at Kakinada which is 30 km away
- Next, nearest is at Rajahmundry which is 34 km away.
- The direct bus to Bikkavolu is available from the major bus points at Kakinada and Rajahmundry with high frequency.
Bikkavolu Subramanya Swamy Temple Images
Reference Link: Temple History