Anantha Padmanabha Swamy temple timings and Darshan details
Anantha Padmanabha Swamy Temple Dress Code
Men to wear Dhoti with or without Angavastra. women to wear Sarees, Dhotis or Pavadas with a blouse or other appropriate attire which suits their age. Chudidhar and other modern dresses are not allowed. No other types of dress should not be worn or taken inside the temple. Other than Saree, the female devotees are advised to wear Dhoti on top of their dress. Dhoti selling stall is available at the temple entrance.
Anantha Padmanabha Swamy temple History
This temple is dedicated to Lord Vishnu and is 108 holy abodes of Lord Vishnu. The main deity is enshrined in the ‘Anantha Sayana’ posture on the divine serpent Adisesha. Sree Padmanabha Swamy was the deity of the royal family of Travancore who treats Anantha Padmanabha Swamy as the King of the Travancore.
- In the year 1050 AD.(225ME), the Temple was renovated.
- Temple roof was reconstructed between 1459 AD and 1460 AD during this time the idol was removed to a ‘Balalaya’
- The idol was reinstalled in 1461 AD.
- Due to a fire accident majority part of the temple was destroyed in 1686 AD.
- Temple was renovated in 1724.
- Idol was moved to Balalaya In 1730 during Sanctum Sanctorum renovation.
Anantha Padmanabha Swamy temple timings
- Nirmalya Darshanam: 3:30 am to 4:45 am
- Darshan: 6:30 am to 7:00 am
- Darshan: 8:30 am to 10:00 am
- Darshan: 10:30 am to 11:10 am
- Darshan: 11:45 am to 12:00 pm
- Darshan: 5:00 pm to 6:15 pm
- Darshan: 6:45 pm to 7:20 pm
The above-mentioned timings will change on festival days.
Entry is restricted to Hindus only.
Best Time to visit: Aug to May 1st week.
Darshan Duration: 20 to 30 mins during weekdays and 45 to 60 mins during weekends. Morning Hours will be heavily crowded and Evening Hours will be less crowded. Usually, Tourists visit in the Morning Hours.
Instructions to devotees
- Photography is strictly prohibited inside the temple premises.
- Not to enter the temple after consuming Non-Veg or Liquor
- No entry for foreigners and Non-Hindus.
- Photography allowed outside the temple.
- Devotees are not allowed to sit or prostrate inside the temple
- Not to place any items on the Ottakkal Mandapam
- Dress code to be followed strictly.
How to reach Anantha Padmanabha Swamy temple?
- The nearest airport is at Trivandrum which is Trivandrum which is 3.2 Km away.
- The nearest Railway station is at Trivandrum which is 2.6 Km away.
- Trivandrum is well connected with all parts of the country.
- The direct trains are available from all major stations.
- Temple can be reached by Bus, Taxi and Auto Rickshaws.